Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 120306 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #120: November 23, 2011, 07:39:04 AM »
Yes but they were considerably smaller not that long ago, with less of everything.

Such rapid expansion is extremely difficult to sustain on Dwilight. I suspect that Asylon simply hasn't been taking the time it needs to take to bring its new acquisitions fully under control. The same thing has happened to Astrum in the past when we expanded to quickly and then found our armies overextended on the northern frontier while core regions were being attacked from the Mountains of Remorse and Woe. I bet Asylon's been focusing a lot on Itau at the expense of effectively defending their middle regions from monsters. They'll probably contract by necessity while they refit their armies and then expand more systematically, with more care to bring new regions fully under control while keeping their core regions clear of monsters.

What Geronus says is basically the truth. Once Caerwyn fell our super small realm expanded like mad, we had to integrate a wack load of new nobles, we had to figure out what lands we were going to hold and switch over nobles to new regions. We then declared war on Itaulond in the middle of all that and couldn't coordinate our armies as fast as we could, since we had nobles scattered all over the place, some coming and going, some without units etc. And then the monster attacks hit us in the middle of the Itaulond war. Our army was involved in a refit and we had everyone in the Via region or Echuir so Lowervia split...blah, etc etc, we have basically gone through a whirlwind and now that Itaulond is done, we are amassing once more to retake all the lands and have an active army capable of consolidating our lands. We have a courtier army but that has been slow to build up. Basically...

Lost our northern buffer...
Gained new land...
Gained lots of new nobles...
Monster attacks started...
Declared war on Itaulond...
Lost a bunch of land...
Defeated Itaulond...
Regrouping and retaking our lands and rebuilding our army and cities etc...

So yeah, busy busy time in Asylon and lots of fun to be Asylonian in a very dynamic area of the map... Which once was considered a backwater has now become like the big smoke.
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #121: November 24, 2011, 05:29:07 AM »
wtf our Queen just deleted and left the game unannounced! Not cool!
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #122: November 24, 2011, 05:33:40 AM »
.... uhhhh.... yeah. Anybody got the dl on that?
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #123: November 24, 2011, 09:04:58 AM »
Nop. Made me a sad panda, though. :(
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Creed

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #124: November 24, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
wtf our Queen just deleted and left the game unannounced! Not cool!

Cool Asylon is in complete chaos time to attack lol
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:40:18 PM by Creed »

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #125: November 24, 2011, 05:55:12 PM »
JUST as we were beginning to make headway on our political marriage too...

Damnit! Now I have to find a new politically powerful wife for Hireshmont....
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #126: November 24, 2011, 06:00:03 PM »
I happen to know of a slightly crazy, but powerful single Lady just to the north of Terran...
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #127: November 24, 2011, 08:26:56 PM »
Gustav Kuriga might have something to say about that...

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #128: November 24, 2011, 09:15:27 PM »
I happen to know of a slightly crazy, but powerful single Lady just to the north of Terran...

I don't think you'll find a husband for allison so easily :p you even tried with busto before breaking up his realm!

Darksun

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
    • Bucksplace
« Reply #129: November 24, 2011, 09:50:57 PM »

What's the Church's view on widows remarrying?

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #130: November 24, 2011, 09:52:58 PM »
I don't think you'll find a husband for allison so easily :p you even tried with busto before breaking up his realm!

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!  How much easier would Busto's life would be if he were married to Allison? 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Vellos

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #131: November 24, 2011, 10:00:51 PM »

Oh. My. God.

That would be amazing.

"Moderate Triunist Politician Weds Radical Astroist Theocrat: Pundits Shoot Themselves in Confusion"

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #132: November 24, 2011, 10:39:03 PM »
Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned!  How much easier would Busto's life would be if he were married to Allison?

Crap. Do you think flowers could fix it?

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #133: November 24, 2011, 11:30:41 PM »
*Gustav, ever the overlooked lover, cries silently in the background, before going out to try and get some sense of order from his army*

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #134: November 25, 2011, 01:21:19 AM »
*Gustav, ever the overlooked lover, cries silently in the background, before going out to try and get some sense of order from his army*

Once your done weeping, mind sorting my own army out please? some are slacking! K thanks!
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries