Author Topic: Asylon Realm Thread  (Read 119410 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Asylon Realm Thread
« Reply #210: March 14, 2012, 11:01:51 PM »
Terran won't attack the Zuma.  For all their bluff and bluster about being the military power of the 'Moot they are relatively weak.  Kabrinskia has almost as much CS as they do and we are second on Dwilight for CS per noble.  Terran has 100% more wealth than Kabrinskia yet only 10% more military.   

That just adds to my suspicion that Terran is working with the Zuma.     :P

D'Hara has about the same total CS as Kabrinskia, and we aren't even trying to field an army. Terran doesn't have much reason to either.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #211: March 14, 2012, 11:25:14 PM »
Terran won't attack the Zuma.  For all their bluff and bluster about being the military power of the 'Moot they are relatively weak.  Kabrinskia has almost as much CS as they do and we are second on Dwilight for CS per noble.  Terran has 100% more wealth than Kabrinskia yet only 10% more military.   

That just adds to my suspicion that Terran is working with the Zuma.     :P

Right because we usually spend tons of gold on our units so we can sit around during peacetime doing absolutely nothing.

Bit of a silly statement there, don't you think? Why would Terran's, or anyone's for that matter, current CS be very high when all they're doing is chillin around killing some random monsters from time to time?
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #212: March 14, 2012, 11:26:29 PM »
Right because we usually spend tons of gold on our units so we can sit around during peacetime doing absolutely nothing.

Bit of a silly statement there, don't you think? Why would Terran's, or anyone's for that matter, current CS be very high when all they're doing is chillin around killing some random monsters from time to time?

I do, but then I like to take a unit with 100% training and cohesion into the start of a war. If one of my characters is martial minded I expect he will ALWAYS be training himself and his men.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #213: March 15, 2012, 12:03:08 AM »
Why would we maintain huge armies in peace time?...unless.... oh god... You... are ...preparing for ...war
We live lives in beautiful lies...

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #214: March 15, 2012, 12:27:54 AM »
Why would we maintain huge armies in peace time?...unless.... oh god... You... are ...preparing for ...war

Excellent point, and of course there is the other good reason, cause you never know when one of your neighbours is going to pay you a visit for a full military parade.

dustole

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #215: March 15, 2012, 01:29:46 AM »
Allison is paranoid.  I hope to maintain 10k cs of militia in Golden Farrow when it is fully populated.  I think I have 8k cs of militia in there now! 
Kabrinski Family:  Nathaniel (EC), Franklin (BT), Aletha(DWI)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #216: March 15, 2012, 01:31:12 AM »
While some nobles may keep strong units all around, most don't. So a realm often has a much smaller military when not at war. I would think Terran could easily add 4K or so mobile CS pretty quickly.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #217: March 15, 2012, 01:56:18 AM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #218: March 15, 2012, 01:56:27 AM »
I do, but then I like to take a unit with 100% training and cohesion into the start of a war. If one of my characters is martial minded I expect he will ALWAYS be training himself and his men.
Allison is paranoid.  I hope to maintain 10k cs of militia in Golden Farrow when it is fully populated.  I think I have 8k cs of militia in there now!

Because obviously recruiting the largest army one can and training it for months is the best way to prepare for war.  ::)
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #219: March 15, 2012, 02:00:01 AM »
Because obviously recruiting the largest army one can and training it for months is the best way to prepare for war.  ::)

Well that and infiltrating your opponent in order to hamper their attempts at defence.

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
« Reply #220: March 15, 2012, 02:42:10 AM »
Asylons main army is just south of us... Muhahahaha
We live lives in beautiful lies...

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #221: March 15, 2012, 03:00:14 AM »
I can see how having huge armies is good and bad to prepare war. Good because they will be well trained and cohesive, plus you don't have to worry about having enough gold to buy a bunch of soldiers right when war starts. Bad because it is harder to make new fortifications and good recruitment centers if your unit is so expensive you spend a ton just to maintain it not leaving much for other things.
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #222: March 15, 2012, 03:15:07 AM »
It is more just that a lot of our nobles do a lot of their own thing during peace time. Most nobles in Terran are lords so they do their own thing most of time. Travel, trade, build stuff, etc.
"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #223: March 15, 2012, 03:28:34 AM »
Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Est gentes sicvt vos qvae efficit inqviem !
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Penchant

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #224: March 15, 2012, 03:42:54 AM »
Umm, is that spanish?
“The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.”
― G.K. Chesterton