Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 566892 times)

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1815: February 22, 2012, 12:27:26 AM »

Scripts -- Yeah, I don't know..  The nature of my game is that it's scriptable, and I can either get super angry at people who write scripts, and make their lives miserable, or I can go with it and see what happens.  Several people like that aspect, and I flipped the coin, and decided "scripts ok!".  Zootcat isn't a programmer, and as far as I know he's not using scripts, and he's towards the top of most of the scoreboards.

And I'm working on making it better!  :)

Getting to the score boards is relatively easy. I was doing just fine when all I did was peacefully expand, but that gets boring and Hierulf was putting a death grip on me. So I went to war and it all sort of blew up when you had 10 times more things to worry about.

The first time I lost a planet to Hierulf I spent 15 minutes just looking for where that planet was since it was a complete surprise it was taken. There's no obvious easy way to find a planet that isn't yours anymore.

Finding newly taken planets from your planet list is a chore as well when you have 90 pages of planets. A simple search box would be nice or even if you made the planet names in the in-game turn report clickable and then had the map center on that planet. Heck, if you even put in a option to set default society levels when to start building stuff on all you planets it'd be even nicer(like, society level 11 - start Long Range Scanner 1, Society level 20 - Start Long Range Scanner 2, Society level 70 - Start Mind Control etc.).

Honestly, I don't mind the script people, but the user interface really could be more friendly to those who don't have the inclination to run them. Right now it's a nightmare to try and manage things by hand if you try to do anything else but spam out arcs.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 12:30:26 AM by LilWolf »
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.