Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 566881 times)

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1815: February 22, 2012, 12:32:23 AM »
Getting to the score boards is relatively easy. I was doing just fine when all I did was peacefully expand, but that gets boring and Hierulf was putting a death grip on me. So I went to war and it all sort of blew up when you had 10 times more things to worry about.

The first time I lost a planet to Hierulf I spent 15 minutes just looking for where that planet was since it was a complete surprise it was taken. There's no obvious easy way to find a planet that isn't yours anymore.

Finding newly taken planets from your planet list is a chore as well when you have 90 pages of planets. A simple search box would be nice or even if you made the planet names in the in-game turn report clickable and then had the map center on that planet. Heck, if you even put in a option to set default society levels when to start building stuff on all you planets it'd be even nicer.

Honestly, I don't mind the script people, but the user interface really could be more friendly to those who don't have the inclination to run them. Right now it's a nightmare to try and manage things by hand if you try to do anything else but spam out arcs.

When I've got some time I will release some of the scripts I use to make the user interface more friendly. The only thing I can't do is take you to a planet you have lost, since I haven't found a way to just provide the planet ID to the game engine and be taken to that planet, currently I have to find planets in your planet list and then use the link provided in that table.

IF I start caching planets in a database on the client side, then I could do this, but I'm loathe to start providing scripts that do that.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.