Author Topic: Dave's Galaxy  (Read 545149 times)

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Dave's Galaxy
« Reply #1695: January 15, 2012, 10:57:21 AM »
The Void Imperium is a peaceful Imperium. We only wish to be left to our isolationist and secretive ways. We do NOT wish for others to continue arcing planets near us and effectively being the neighbors from hell... so we asked for help :D
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696: January 15, 2012, 10:59:42 AM »
The ability to field any sort of decent fleet. I've got well under 1000 battle capable ships as is. I've got allies that are in wars already and looking for help(De-lergo seems to be at the center of all of them so he's looking like more of a threat than Hierulf).  I don't need to stick my head into a hornets nest at this point.

Why aren't you warring Hierulf if he worries you so much? Why isn't everyone?

I would consider it if I didn't have some few thousand arcs travelling though his territory.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697: January 15, 2012, 12:22:34 PM »
What do you mean? Timmac and I are friends again, I needed those fleets to hit a Oldry colony nearby.

Ah, but I'm hearing from allies you've got fleets headed for HumanPenguin and that has them worried :)
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698: January 15, 2012, 10:02:36 PM »
Ah, but I'm hearing from allies you've got fleets headed for HumanPenguin and that has them worried :)

Oh yeah, Daz asked me to take some pressure off him. Seems he is fighting several people in the area. Since all the players are so much larger then he is I have no idea how he manages to survive, but he seems to. Guess I will turn those fleets around as well.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 11:29:54 PM by De-Legro »

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699: January 15, 2012, 11:39:10 PM »
Oh yeah, Daz asked me to take some pressure off him. Seems he is fighting several people in the area. Since all the players are so much larger then he is I have no idea how he manages to survive, but he seems to. Guess I will turn those fleets around as well.

From what I hear Daz is the one starting all those fights :P
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700: January 16, 2012, 03:08:16 AM »
From what I hear Daz is the one starting all those fights :P

I know he did against Thomas, I have no idea why HumanPenguin is fighting, I assumed it was because Thomas was unable to squish him.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1701: January 16, 2012, 08:28:25 AM »
I've gotten peace with the empire to my east, so now I can focus my juggernaut of a war machine on baz's enemies.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702: January 16, 2012, 11:30:07 AM »
I've gotten peace with the empire to my east, so now I can focus my juggernaut of a war machine on baz's enemies.

Last I heard it was still only two players. Looks like a even match from what I can see, Baz has captured a few minor outlying planets. They are trying to hit his home planets but his defense is holding so far. I've no idea why they sent their fleets at his core planets through masses of PD, maybe they thought they could get a fast result if they could harm his central planets. The do have some much larger fleets moving in though, if Baz doesn't destroy the current wave soon the next wave will cause him problems.

He is on the offensive as well, time will tell if they can defend the planets he is targeting. I have noticed that both players do not make use of mind control, and their planets have very high society levels. This might help Baz long term, though so far the PD doesn't seem to be deactivating due to funding, well no that isn't true Icehouse lost all his PD, so his fleets are his only defense right now.

Gustav Kuriga

« Reply #1703: January 17, 2012, 02:54:57 AM »
I'm going to focus my efforts against alanarking, as he's just north of baz and has no PD defences. I have several fleets going to a certain planet of mine, where I'm going to pool the resources of all the other fleets and make one large superfleet. with what I have available, I should produce well over 200 SBS from that one planet.

Anyone know if "Allow Others to Build Ships" does anything? That would be useful if it did, because then I could use a planet of his as a forward base.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704: January 17, 2012, 03:14:27 AM »
I'm going to focus my efforts against alanarking, as he's just north of baz and has no PD defences. I have several fleets going to a certain planet of mine, where I'm going to pool the resources of all the other fleets and make one large superfleet. with what I have available, I should produce well over 200 SBS from that one planet.

Anyone know if "Allow Others to Build Ships" does anything? That would be useful if it did, because then I could use a planet of his as a forward base.

That option is not implemented. Make sure the planet has the budget to support 200 SBS, I once saw someone try to move a 1000 SBS fleet against me, but he lacked the funds to support it.

Kai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705: January 17, 2012, 03:53:06 AM »
what exactly happens if you cant pay fleet upkeep

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706: January 17, 2012, 03:58:47 AM »
what exactly happens if you cant pay fleet upkeep

From what I have seen, first your planet upgrades deactivate, it appears that fleets are given priority here. If you still can't meet fleet payments, it appears fleets are destroyed until you can. Of course all this only happens if the planet doesn't have a cash stockpile.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707: January 17, 2012, 09:21:33 AM »
eh... you could find a cluster with no links... then stick a regional gov in the middle one and use that planet as your fleet rallying hub. build elsewhere, send it all there, scrap and build new fleet.
firefox

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708: January 17, 2012, 09:57:27 AM »
eh... you could find a cluster with no links... then stick a regional gov in the middle one and use that planet as your fleet rallying hub. build elsewhere, send it all there, scrap and build new fleet.

Not only can you do this, many people do. I've got a mostly working script somewhere that automates this. Still there is a maximum limit to what you can support.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709: January 17, 2012, 09:21:32 PM »
something died... a 2-3 hour? turn change?
firefox