Author Topic: Battle summary at end of report  (Read 5616 times)

egamma

Re: Battle summary at end of report
« Topic Start: July 29, 2011, 10:39:32 PM »
Existing battle report show all drama and magnitude of event, gives feeling of many noble's presence.

Browsing is possible in matter of seconds, while looking at your own troop's results, wounded and imprisoned, battle outcome is distinguished by different font style, and does need minimal effort.

Hiding much or that "for player's convenience" just encourages one kind of asocial behavior like "i'm interested only in my buttons, my two friends and my troop and nothing else" instead of working against it.

isn't it social game where most of good thing comes from in-game interactions? making some "consoles" similar to other games, that will help "solitude" approach works against major values of bm.

that is my opinion only, of course.

BattleMaster is a light-weight game that can be played alongside your other activities. Although you can delve deeply into it and spend more time on it, about 15 minutes per day are enough for regular play, and 5 will do if you are in a hurry.

But battle reports should list the total numbers of casualties on both sides--that's a very basic piece of information, very standard military report for pretty much the entirety of recorded history. We already see how many men joined the battle--we just need to know how many didn't walk away. And providing that in a quick view would help make BM a light-weight game--which I think should be a design goal. Those who want the detail, can certainly look at the full report. But it currently can take 30 minutes or more to put together a complete report with the number of infantry killed, cavalry killed, hits made by archers, hits taken from archers, etc.

And also, my scribe should record in detail how my unit did. Again, that's very standard information, and knowing that would help the player determine if he should try and purchase more armor, or more training, or weapons. Again, with the goal of making the game closer to the advertised 15 minutes a day.