Author Topic: Acceptable tax limit recalculations  (Read 5726 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Acceptable tax limit recalculations
« Topic Start: July 22, 2011, 06:53:05 AM »
Is there a random factor? If so, how often is it recalculated? It seems that my lords on all continents (AT, BT, and Dwi) are constantly having to change the tax settings, because the same tax rate that allowed stats to stay at 100% for a while have changed their minds and reduced them to about 50% over a few days some weeks later.

It's frustrating and it's a bore. The daily messages are extremely boring, and I tend to skip over them, expecting them to be the same all the time (which they are, 95% of the time), unless I know something is wrong. There's no fun factor in going to modify the tax settings all the time, it feels like being at the stock markets and looking for the first sign of a peak to withdraw (lower tax settings) in order to minimize losses.

Is there a changing random factor, or is it due to weird circumstances? 'Cause Minas Ithil hasn't been growing. Enweil hasn't grown in a while, and D'Hara hasn't grown in even longer, yet I regularly have tax rates that are apparently fine turn into "much too high, hurting production and morale" followed by significant drops.

It didn't use to bother me as much when I had an apparent infinite supply of free time on my hands, but now I'm finding that I'm having less time for interacting with others and making stuff happen because I'm dumping more and more time fiddling with taxes and doing maintenance.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron