Author Topic: funniest moments in battlemaster  (Read 63958 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: funniest moments in battlemaster
« Reply #30: August 04, 2011, 04:56:07 AM »
Who said anything about barking? Heck, that's half the problem - Rulers, (I use that word to describe anyone with power) who talk more then they do.

There is no such thing as improper use of force; there is only the failed use of force. If you want something, get it. If someone tries to stop you, then smack them. One thing I liked - and tried to encourage - was that every noble can be useful. Most of them won't be, but occasionally one will. If you can get one, you can get an army. Don't like a Duke? Find someone who might be better and give it to them. Support a new Judge - or a new Banker. If some random guy off the street and make him the Hero for the week. After all, if that random guy is the hero, then that Marshal from the other Duchy can't be.

Dukes are very powerful - why would you want a Duke to be anyone other then your most loyal and trustworthy friend? Honestly, I would see half of the realms in BattleMaster burn, (and you can throw my favorites in that half) just to see brand new positions of power open up. Reason? It gives a chance for failure and success. Be like water, my friend - flow to the weakest and either destroy them (and take their power) or help them (and gain their assistance).

You seem to grossly overestimate the power a ruler has over anyone.

Can't fine anyone unless your judge wants to be oppressive. Most do not, some because they will be the target of the protests (not you), and most of them are elected too and need to remain popular.

Dukes smack rulers as they please, not the other way around.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron