Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142873 times)

Stue (DC)

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #135: August 12, 2011, 10:41:43 AM »
It is very easy to accuse realms, councils, and rulers of acts or inclinations when you aren't privy to the discussions.  Thalmarkin is hardly some devil or shade of its former self.  We had a bunch of known clanners.  They were dealt with and expelled IC.  Some of them don't like that.  Tough !@#$.  That doesn't make us tyrants, it makes us good players who have the decency to abide by the social contract.

some things are easy to see, some are not.

if thalmarkin ruler signs peace declaration of long friendship with fronen, than comes one week later to state that thalmarkin has years-long claim for jedinchel, and that is the reason they will come to war, than you can recognize that almost no story or no play can be developed, there is nothing but simple gang-bang number counting, no any care for story.

with sint it is even more awkward. that is simply not a game where people play nobles, but play slots.

Before the war, we were the smallest realm on the continent.  Now, we're the second-smallest.  And while the contributions of OG and Sint can't be overlooked, Vore and Jedinchel are entirely our victories and the result of an entire realm working together as a team.  It's a novel concept, I know.

from this i can only see that you might not ever experienced little more quality in bm. there are no any of your victory over dragging some game mechanics to the limits.

you gathered armies at the borders, notified that you will declare war day in advance and than declared and attacked in gang-bang manner, drawing all advantage from the fact that game mechanics allows blitzkrieg wars.

you did not fight any single real battle, where two sides compete each other in any playable manner, did not present and skill/braveness/experience, anything.

teamwork and developing ic friendship can nicely emerge when there are some challenges, some competition between two powers, some undetermined future, not in super-safe gangbangs.

there was no competition, there was no play, and that is what i am mostly talking about.

There were no sudden decisions to go to war with Fronen, and no drastic shifts in public opinion in the realm.  If Gondolin or Lorgan want to say something more on that, they can.

yes they were and they can even be tracked by archive of diplomatic declarations.

to be understood, my char is not the one directly accounted for any of it, he does think fronen ruler did terrible job, yet when i see how little effort is made in highest levels, i can be only disappointed in gameplay on bt generally.

that continent was true place of sophisticated diplomacy before invasion.

if i am master of universe, i would put into government rules that all goverment members need to be characters.  :-\