Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142007 times)

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #210: August 27, 2011, 05:04:51 PM »
such level of hypocrisy would hardly fit even ic world as there is simply nothing in game to back it, while putting that ooc what looks as ic propaganda is nearing absurd.

there is only one reason instead all mentioned - opportunistic desire to use gang-bang while having no care for any ic story.

instead of players trying to brush their characters skills and experience in-game through some desire for competition, we have developed desire to simply use simple gang-bang opportunity to replace all other aspects of game.

there are no stories, no fun, it is simply not playable, neither on military nor on diplomatic level, that is mere button-pressing, and only game mechanics could prevent game from "spontaneously" falling into non-playable state.

You have to realize that there are game mechanics that push to this.
I don't like it either, i feel a little disgusted even as a player, but thanks to the ow so loved TMP penalty, game mechanics push a realm towards just declaring war and making up reasons just to cover them selves.

And yes, this is all still perfectly realistic, most wars weren't fought with a 'valid'  reason.

I still think Fronen could prevent this war if they'd use a diferent diplomatic strategy (if they had one at all).
You should know as ruler that gang bangs ocure alot in BM and to prevent them you need very stable relations.

MR Calanar(steve) knows all about that :P (hes been ruler on FEI for long time)
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog