Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142110 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #270: September 18, 2011, 05:22:58 PM »
If there would have been a danger of Enweil and Feuv combining into 18k CS I would have attacked Enweil in Gorin earlier - before Feuv was concentrated in Ulallo. Why do you think we withdrew from Yncaalo to Lopa when we could have attacked the then still isolated Enweilians in Gorin? I /wanted/ you to combine forces, to march against Fwuvoghor and withdrew to allow this. We knew your forces, we knew your army composition and judged that we could hold Fwuvoghors walls - barely, but still. In fact I got in a row with the duke of Fwuvoghor because I wanted part of the mobile units to leave Fwuvoghor temporarily to entice you to attack and he did not want to allow this. Once you were moving towards Fwuvoghor we closed the trap behind your forces with a force smaller than the one we were trapping.... Your attack did happen at the exact time I did predict it.

Your mobile army of 18000 initially stood against our mobile army of 11000...we killed around 4500 in Lopa and near Enweils capital, then did follow with 9k against your 13500 and managed to kill near all of yours at the cost of 1000 mobile and 2500 militia. And since you can't retreat homewards because we block you in Vilriil you are now forced to withdraw your remnants /through/ Riombara. It is now likely that practically none of your initial army of 18000 total will reach home. It is too early to be sure but I think we are looking at losses of 16000 against 4000. It does not get a lot better than that considering that  we were outnumbered 1:1,5. Personally I do find that quite impressive. Note that I am also impressed by Feuv' discipline and marching order - I want my char to express my compliments to your warriors once game mechanics allow that possibility.

You are welcome to put that down to 'a few enweilian units not moving' and to be 'not too impressed by Riombaras performance. I'd be content if we would be able to continue to be half as competent as during the past 10 days  ;)  I /really/ like the performance of our nobles...it took time to have them change from carefree peace footing to a dedicated force but by now they certainly are.

We fully knew you were going to cut off the retreat.

And I don't know what you are saying about killing a 18000 cs force. This is the first time Rio and Fheuv'n fight.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron