Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142488 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #330: September 27, 2011, 08:44:51 AM »
So he doesn't have a IG generated Royal title then.

Point being? If you play in a realm for 2000 days, and then got deported and comes back two weeks later, the game won't count these 2000 days in your in-realm count. Should everyone roleplay you as a fresh noble who has never been in the realm longer than your return?

The game is, *gasp*, imperfect. It runs on a ton of mechanism that do various checks in order to apply certain rules. However, there are many cases in which these checks fail at spotting what the most basic common sense would oblige.

Realms are free to RP "royal" as meaning different things, but medieval standards dictate that royalty is in your blood, the blood you share with your family.

If people had to rely on nothing but game-generated titles, actions, and statuses, it would make for a very boring game.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #331: September 27, 2011, 09:18:43 AM »
Point being? If you play in a realm for 2000 days, and then got deported and comes back two weeks later, the game won't count these 2000 days in your in-realm count. Should everyone roleplay you as a fresh noble who has never been in the realm longer than your return?

The game is, *gasp*, imperfect. It runs on a ton of mechanism that do various checks in order to apply certain rules. However, there are many cases in which these checks fail at spotting what the most basic common sense would oblige.

Realms are free to RP "royal" as meaning different things, but medieval standards dictate that royalty is in your blood, the blood you share with your family.

If people had to rely on nothing but game-generated titles, actions, and statuses, it would make for a very boring game.

Medieval tradition also dictates that inheritance of positions is based on the blood links, which doesn't happen in BM which would suggest that BM doesn't follow that particular standard. The title Royal has a specific meaning in game, it relates to a character that has held the position of ruler. To RP otherwise to me is to attempt to have RP trump mechanics.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #332: September 27, 2011, 09:50:59 AM »
That 25% gold share sent to the realm? That won't be possible anymore, will it? :P

now.. what are the chances of high food prices to facilitate gold transfer from cities to rural?

fat chance.
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #333: September 27, 2011, 10:09:36 AM »
Medieval tradition also dictates that inheritance of positions is based on the blood links, which doesn't happen in BM which would suggest that BM doesn't follow that particular standard. The title Royal has a specific meaning in game, it relates to a character that has held the position of ruler. To RP otherwise to me is to attempt to have RP trump mechanics.

It's an adjective. Just a word. It would trumping game mechanics if he was trying to convince a Judge that it would be abusing a bug to ban the character. It's not abusing game mechanic to hate a realm because they tortured the little brother of their ruler.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #334: September 27, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »
It's an adjective. Just a word. It would trumping game mechanics if he was trying to convince a Judge that it would be abusing a bug to ban the character. It's not abusing game mechanic to hate a realm because they tortured the little brother of their ruler.

It is an adjective with specific and significant meaning within the game mechanics. It would be better, and remove much potential for confusion and misunderstanding to use a term not significant in this way, such as calling your blood relations Prince of the Realm or something.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #335: September 27, 2011, 02:31:52 PM »
It is an adjective with specific and significant meaning within the game mechanics. It would be better, and remove much potential for confusion and misunderstanding to use a term not significant in this way, such as calling your blood relations Prince of the Realm or something.

When a noble calls an adventurer his brother, we ridicule him IC. There is no reason to call this an abuse of mechanics. It's the same here.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #336: September 27, 2011, 02:41:56 PM »
it's different, because the advy is clearly labelled advy. the noble gets ridiculed because he's claiming the advy has noble blood. which by definition he doesn't as he doesn't have the noble tag.
firefox

egamma

« Reply #337: September 27, 2011, 07:01:11 PM »
now.. what are the chances of high food prices to facilitate gold transfer from cities to rural?

fat chance.

Chances are 100% if the rural lord actually has the guts to do it. One of my lords consistently sells his food for 50 gold/100 bushels. The other? Is just sitting on the food for now, but winter has begun...*evil laugh*

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #338: September 27, 2011, 07:18:56 PM »
yes.. but you see.. in a realm of having dukes tax rurals and sending tax on to realm, so realm can send gold to nobles... as opposed to using food trade to shift gold around, that's like... time travelling/magic.
firefox

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #339: September 30, 2011, 05:35:45 AM »
So this new estates system is killing me. I cant change region allegiance!
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #340: October 03, 2011, 05:39:34 PM »
So this new estates system is killing me. I cant change region allegiance!

Uh, what?

Politics -> Change Allegiance -> CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #341: October 03, 2011, 08:21:32 PM »
Uh, what?

Politics -> Change Allegiance -> CHOOSE YOUR DESTINY

No, you fool, the feature was down for a while when the estates system was put in place. you could see the options of which duchy to change allegiance to, but when you clicked on one of the options it had a notification saying it was "Still TODO; check back in a day or two".

It was put back online two-three turns ago.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

^ban^

• BM Dev Team
  • Mighty Duke
  • Le Genie
    • View Profile
« Reply #342: October 03, 2011, 11:01:29 PM »
No, you fool, the feature was down for a while when the estates system was put in place. you could see the options of which duchy to change allegiance to, but when you clicked on one of the options it had a notification saying it was "Still TODO; check back in a day or two".

It was put back online two-three turns ago.

Two things.

Firstly, there is no need to be so aggressive.

Second, that's good to hear. I wasn't aware it was disabled at any point.
Born in Day they knew the Light; Rulers, prophets, servants, and warriors.
Life in Night that they walk; Gods, heretics, thieves, and murderers.
The Stefanovics live.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #343: October 03, 2011, 11:16:47 PM »
I have a hard time picturing anyone saying "you fool" as being overly serious and aggressive.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #344: October 04, 2011, 01:48:04 AM »
Two things.

Firstly, there is no need to be so aggressive.

Second, that's good to hear. I wasn't aware it was disabled at any point.

I never intend offense when I say "you fool". Rather I imagine Gandolf shouting "Fly, you fools@" in Moria..