Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142223 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #405: November 10, 2011, 06:05:56 AM »
Okay comments like this have always annoyed me. In this case Riombara and Enweil have a LONG history of wars and bad blood. In other words a grudge that for many characters border on out right hatred. That is all the damn pretext anyone needs for a war, how many times in History have people waited and waited until their forces or circumstance provide the opportunity to finally get "revenge" against a foe, potentially one that they have had  a ceasefire or even peace with for generations.

It should be clear that even without Delvin the ruling elite of Riombara want to see Enweil either destroyed or humbled. The original reasons for the first wars may even be irrelevant at this point, grudges, anger even the need to prove to themselves and others that they really can "win" against their old foe drive them on. I see nothing wrong with such character driven actions, hell I applaud this kind of almost predictable grudge mongering. It is relationships like this that other realms can play off to their own advantage. Want to grab some regions off Enwiel, well Riombara is always up for a bit of a war, I'm sure we can convince them to restart hostilities if we agree to place pressure on a different border etc.

Funny you say that. Just today I basically told the AC that anyone who thought were in this war because of Fronen was delusional.