Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142212 times)

Tan dSerrai

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #405: November 10, 2011, 10:18:05 AM »
Numbers of nobles:
Well, Enweil had 30 nobles 2 weeks ago. They lost 9 nobles since then. IVF has 19 nobles. That makes near 50 nobles against 28 Riombaran nobles during most of this war (1-3 of ours are inactive or only active every now and then).

So it is clearly not numbers of nobles that is responsible for the current situation. Noble retention - and motivation - is one core requirement for a well working realm.

Refighting old wars:
One, I completely agree with De-Legro. There are abundant grudges around to result in war. Note that in the first 4 ages Enweil always did attack Riombara - or an ally and neighbour they knew had an alliance with us. This time Riombara did attack Enweil.

And, to be honest, what better way to play Battlemaster than to wage war between foes who have a long history of enmity and are of similar size? Note that Riombara did attack an enemy considerable stronger than them...this is certainly not a gangbang.

And also note that CheniĆ©rs accusation of 'we are attacking because we are ready now' is baseless. Riombara had had their regions repaired and RC's constructed roughly 2-3 months before the war began. during these 2-3 months Enweil was far more beset by rogues and still suffering from the invasion than we were. Riombara did /aid/ Enweil during that time - and Enweil did grow considerable in strength. Riombara went to war because of our alliance with Old Grehk, Thalmarkin and Nothoi -  they wanted to prevent Enweil from aiding Fronen and asked us to do that. The old enmity between Riombara and Enweil was simply an additional motivation.

Note that I do not want to paint Riombara in any 'we are the good guys' light...but I'd like to keep a few facts straight.