Author Topic: WAR  (Read 142344 times)

Zakilevo

Re: WAR
« Reply #45: August 01, 2011, 09:44:41 PM »
Maybe it would be a good time to destroy most indecisive realm ever? ;)

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #46: August 01, 2011, 09:52:28 PM »
Maybe it would be a good time to destroy most indecisive realm ever? ;)

Like I told their General, I would really prefer not to fight them, given recent events. 

Zakilevo

« Reply #47: August 01, 2011, 10:44:01 PM »
Well if Melhed does decide to join the war, I think they will attack Thalmarkin. There is nowhere to expand but to the north for them. Or they can just join the northern alliance and destroy Fronen taking Vur Hagin and surrounding regions.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #48: August 02, 2011, 12:58:38 AM »
There's some OOC talk on the ruler channel about gangbanging and whatnot, so I want to ask a simple question (especially to you Fronenites out there): what did you expect to happen this inter-invasion era?

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #49: August 02, 2011, 01:00:46 AM »
Well if Melhed does decide to join the war, I think they will attack Thalmarkin. There is nowhere to expand but to the north for them. Or they can just join the northern alliance and destroy Fronen taking Vur Hagin and surrounding regions.

Melhed already voted on joining the war on Fronen's side. But not enough Senators voted or something, not sure.

Zakilevo

« Reply #50: August 02, 2011, 01:28:35 AM »
Well I knew something weird was going on. Doge was too quite about other realms for most of the time. I regret I didn't send letters to other generals much earlier. Well I think the player of Diana might have done this on purpose. He played her well I say and thanks to her, we are seeing some actions finally. I hope we get to see at least one realm burn to the ground. I don't care it is either Thalmarkin or Fronen or any other realm. :) Of course, I will do my best with my character as the general of Fronen.  8)

Vellos

• Honourable King
  • Stodgy Old Man in Training
    • View Profile
« Reply #51: August 02, 2011, 02:36:23 AM »
She threw herself in the lake, and will forever haunt it.

This should become established lore on the wiki somewhere. It'd be great.

Well I knew something weird was going on. Doge was too quite about other realms for most of the time. I regret I didn't send letters to other generals much earlier. Well I think the player of Diana might have done this on purpose. He played her well I say and thanks to her, we are seeing some actions finally. I hope we get to see at least one realm burn to the ground. I don't care it is either Thalmarkin or Fronen or any other realm. :) Of course, I will do my best with my character as the general of Fronen.  8)

Yeah... This one was pretty obvious. What still isn't obvious to me, even though I'm in the Advisory Council of Riombara, is how the south will play out.
"A neutral humanism is either a pedantic artifice or a prologue to the inhuman." - George Steiner

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #52: August 02, 2011, 03:37:11 AM »
This should become established lore on the wiki somewhere. It'd be great.

I don't know why, but when I read that and thought of how Fronen was basically every region around that lake, it made me think of the Lac des Fées. It's a local story that there used to be native people that lived around here, and there was this native princess who loved two men but could not decide. When a war broke out, the men had to go, and both of them died before she could make a choice. Too saddened by these news, she threw herself in the lake and haunts it ever since.

Would indeed seem like a good piece of lore for here, and would allow us to build something IC for what would otherwise be an unfortunate unexplained OOC event.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Solari

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #53: August 02, 2011, 03:40:12 AM »
There's some OOC talk on the ruler channel about gangbanging and whatnot, so I want to ask a simple question (especially to you Fronenites out there): what did you expect to happen this inter-invasion era?

More to the point: what are you smoking that you think being the most powerful realm (by some measures) makes you immune to aggression?  Enzo has had a couple of letters from Fronen's august senate cross his desk, and it sounds to me like quite a few nobles seem to agree that laziness and hubris brought this about.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #54: August 02, 2011, 03:44:05 AM »
More to the point: what are you smoking that you think being the most powerful realm (by some measures) makes you immune to aggression?  Enzo has had a couple of letters from Fronen's august senate cross his desk, and it sounds to me like quite a few nobles seem to agree that laziness and hubris brought this about.

To be fair, one could have thought that maybe, just MAYBE, someone would finally go for Sint?

Also, it's quite funny to see that Nothoi declared war over what a realm they just allied did but in 10 times worse. Nothoi used, as causus belli, that Fronen took some !@#$ty mountain region while they were ravaged by rogues. Yet, like a week back, they allied Riombara, who took a frigging city that Enweil had lost to the monsters because we had too many undead spawning to claim it back first. Exact same situation, except with a city instead of some crappy mountains.

Diana really wasn't pro-active enough with diplomacy, though.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #55: August 02, 2011, 04:11:35 AM »
If disorderly, unstable Bara'Khur could survive the assaults of four realms when all her allies were largely twiddling their thumbs and pursuing their own conflicts/agendas in the pre-Invasion war, I thoroughly expect Fronen to give a decent account of herself now. Nothoi especially won't be nearly as fearsome as she first appears. Those mountains are hell to wage a war through, believe me.

Iltaran

• Noble Lord
  • What Gate?
    • View Profile
« Reply #56: August 02, 2011, 07:40:18 AM »
[Solari] it's generally understood that OG survives by some compact with the devil

Askarn - Maedros - Savra - Faed - Vanimus

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #57: August 02, 2011, 02:16:03 PM »
Also, it's quite funny to see that Nothoi declared war over what a realm they just allied did but in 10 times worse. Nothoi used, as causus belli, that Fronen took some !@#$ty mountain region while they were ravaged by rogues. Yet, like a week back, they allied Riombara, who took a frigging city that Enweil had lost to the monsters because we had too many undead spawning to claim it back first. Exact same situation, except with a city instead of some crappy mountains.

Riombara has a longstanding claim on Fwuvoghor.  Its owners (Voghor) were destroyed, and their remnant blessed our taking of it.  Then Enweil took it from us.  Then it seceded from Enweil. Then it was taken over by a pro-Enweil faction. Then it was taken over by an anti-Enweil faction. Then Enweil destroyed the Republic of Fwuvoghor and took it.  Then Enweil lost it, and Riombara took back what was rightfully ours.

Fronen has no such claims. They don't even have the right to use their name. Everything they do spits on the memory of the true Fronen.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #58: August 02, 2011, 09:38:13 PM »
Please, who give a damn about lands.  The Duke of Reeds wants revenge against Matija for saying bad things about his god.  Everyone else hates Mat and Squall for welching on a duel bet.

When something that even vaguly resembled a cassus belli occurred there was going to be war.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #59: August 03, 2011, 12:42:50 AM »
The Duke of Reeds had almost nothing to do with the decision to go to war.

Squall and Mat are hated, yes, but to have their heads on a spike is only a bonus to us all.

Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic