Author Topic: WAR  (Read 141912 times)

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Re: WAR
« Reply #90: August 10, 2011, 01:21:58 PM »
I think it looks rather poor for Fronen. Not necessarily Enweil, although the past two days have shown that they are completely incapable of responding to Riombara (up until now). If Melhed ever gets to the point where they decide to get involved in a war (kids, printscreen this sentence, it has Melhed & war in one line), they'll either be too late or will have to face a Thalmarkin that, I think, will simply crush them.

From Ibladesh I've learned that numbers don't necessarily matter. It's good leadership that counts.
Ardet nec consumitur.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #91: August 10, 2011, 05:15:35 PM »
I'm sorry, but numbers do matter when it's four to one (Fronen). They matter in Ibladesh too. Poor leadership is not the only reason Ibladesh is getting thumped right now. A lot of it has to do with fighting on two fronts against enemies that together outmatch them.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #92: August 10, 2011, 05:40:47 PM »
I'm sorry, but numbers do matter when it's four to one (Fronen). They matter in Ibladesh too. Poor leadership is not the only reason Ibladesh is getting thumped right now. A lot of it has to do with fighting on two fronts against enemies that together outmatch them.

The problem with ibladesh is that Perdans mobile army alone outmatches ibladeshes mobile army.
Thats poor management, not necessarily bad military leadership.

Fronen is outmacthed even more, but can dfeat all the invading armies indivually.
They'd have to find a way and try to divide the enemy and prevent there coordination.

I also see Fronen CS sky rocketing towards a whoping 50K total cs, that should be enough to hold all the enemies mobile forces when divided properly in militia and mobile army.
They could also, by placing militia in the right places form the bottleneck to there liking.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: August 10, 2011, 06:37:50 PM »

I think Fleugs was referring to the initial part of the war, when Ibby and DoA largely outnumbered Caligus and Perdan number-wise.

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: August 10, 2011, 06:54:51 PM »
Ah well, we can't control that, can we? We just have to hope. But so far, our enemies have coordinated quite well in the north, and they've seized their own bottlenecks that we can't assault directly unless they leave them open. So far, they have declined to do this. Only Nothoi seems to be ineffective as an enemy so far.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #95: August 10, 2011, 07:07:09 PM »
Yeah we had a few troubles, general´s also going away for a while, plus the travel on the mountains kills us.

But we are reorganizing
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #96: August 10, 2011, 11:28:41 PM »
Looking at the statistics, Fronen's strength is sharply increasing to greater than ever, whereas the others' is somewhat declining.

Like, seriously, what's going on in Nothoi? No fights with Fronen and a steep decline in CS?

Even Fheuv'n, with the million rogues that have spawned since the secession and not a tax collection yet, is maintaining a stable force (and about to greatly increase).
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Zakilevo

« Reply #97: August 10, 2011, 11:31:54 PM »
Nothoi probably over recruited rofl

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #98: August 10, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
Nothoi probably over recruited rofl

Looking at the stats page, it doesn't even look as if they helped anyone in any fight. Unless they had 100% archers or their troops were all deployed in the rear.

That's kinda sad. In a few days, with tiny little Iato my realm will be stronger than theirs and their Reeds and rich mountain regions... And we are almost all mobile.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #99: August 11, 2011, 12:02:35 AM »
Nothoi lost a battle to Fronen in Pel Mark about a week ago or less. Our small realm doesn't even fit it's name without Fheuvenem XD
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #100: August 11, 2011, 12:32:38 AM »
Nothoi lost a battle to Fronen in Pel Mark about a week ago or less.

Really? I don't see any spikes in the CS lines.

Naidraug

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #101: August 11, 2011, 01:26:12 AM »
Actually, we lost only a few units.

Most of the army was away.

And our mountain regions aren´t very rich, none of our regions are at 100% and the new codding for imigration it is taking longer to populate them.
Stryfe Family: Tristan - Heorot/ Scherzer - Nothoi / Finan - Caelum / Arya - Farronite Republic

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #102: August 11, 2011, 02:09:18 AM »
Actually, we lost only a few units.

Most of the army was away.

And our mountain regions aren´t very rich, none of our regions are at 100% and the new codding for imigration it is taking longer to populate them.

Uhhh...

All of Fheuv'n's regions, almost, were taken within the last months, still aren't full population either. Your mountains produce 1.5-2x the gold our rurals do, and you've also got a townsland. Iato, while in Enweil, was the poorest city and by far.

I am not impressed by Nothoi's performance.  8)

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #103: August 11, 2011, 08:00:50 AM »
Nor is Nothoi.

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #104: August 11, 2011, 09:19:04 AM »
Looking at the statistics, Fronen's strength is sharply increasing to greater than ever, whereas the others' is somewhat declining.

No reason to recruit to full strength for fighting monsters and undead. At least that was my philosophy as a Lord in Fronen. I maintained a reasonable sized unit and saved my gold for other things. With people to fight I am leading about double the CS.