Author Topic: Adventurer Mortality  (Read 2657 times)

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Adventurer Mortality
« Topic Start: August 01, 2011, 10:20:36 AM »
Has this changed recently? I have lived under the misapprehension that adventurers really only can be killed by Undead Champions and the like. But now I find my adventurer on Atamara being beaten to dying status by a bunch of ordinary undead without a champion with them.
EC: Ilias, Taelmoth (Sirion)
Beluaterra: Ivagil (Melhed), Thoron (Adventurer, Fronen)
Atamara: Haniel (Adventurer, Coria)

Zakilevo

Re: Adventurer Mortality
« Reply #1: August 01, 2011, 10:32:12 AM »
I doubt it matters much even with or without a champion if you are out numbered fifty to one...

Well, I think my advy is getting beat down pretty badly as well. When I played my first advy some time ago, he didn't lose much even to a champion but nowadays he gets beat down even by a couple of underlings as well.

Nosferatus

• Testers
  • Mighty Duke
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 01, 2011, 10:58:51 AM »
Once you progress in your skills and equipment enough you rarley get wounded anymore.
So the chance of your super skilled and super equiped, 2 year old adventurer to die is much smaller then your average joe running into a massive group of undead with only a pitchfork.
Be careful when your still a rookie.
take on groups until #3, higher will almost always result in getting wounded when you have no decent equipment and skill.
Formerly playing the Nosferatus and Bhrantan Family.
Currently playing the Polytus Family in: Gotland, Madina, Astrum, Outer Tilog

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #3: August 01, 2011, 12:31:23 PM »

Yep. Mine died on like his 3rd day. He was shocked, to say the least  :D

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 01, 2011, 12:34:07 PM »
Once you progress in your skills and equipment enough you rarley get wounded anymore.
So the chance of your super skilled and super equiped, 2 year old adventurer to die is much smaller then your average joe running into a massive group of undead with only a pitchfork.
take on groups until #3, higher will almost always result in getting wounded when you have no decent equipment and skill.

Well you are never completely safe. My first adventurer met his end around 60 in swordskill with equipment to match. This one had equipment for 40.

I'm not complaining really, I think all characters should be mortal, I  just wondered if there was a bug or if we are supposed to be easier to kill these days.

Thunthorn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 07, 2011, 06:25:10 PM »
This turned out to be a false alarm. The adventurer remained dying for a few turns then his condition started to improve gradually. This morning he was up to Lightly wounded.

Recovery is slow though (as it should be):

Returned to active duty   (6 minutes ago)
You have returned to active duty. You are in Elroth.
It will take about 7 days for your wounds to fully heal. During this recovery time, you may not be as active as normal.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 07, 2011, 06:50:09 PM »
If you die as an Adventurer, the text will clearly say that you died. However you can also go wounded past seriously wounded, critically wounded etc., called 'dying' for as far as I know (Don't quote me on this), which I think is what happened here.