Main Menu

News:

Please be aware of the Forum Rules of Conduct.

Имперское військо Феувьна

Started by Chenier, August 06, 2011, 06:31:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

D`Este

Chenier

Quote from: Draco Tanos on December 18, 2012, 02:49:25 AM
Marriage choices are that sparse down in the South? >.>

Guillaume would make an excellent husband! You'd barely ever have to see him. ;)

If you mean Liara, though... Women are sparse. Notable women even more so. Women from royal families... she's the only one I spotted. At first I was thinking of a double-marriage, and try to force Saku to marry Fulcard or something, but after some verifications Saku Zotral is male, which came as quite a bummer.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Draco Tanos

Could go off and try to marry Lea, the Pontifex of Sint.  That'd be amusing.

Bedwyr

Quote from: Chénier on December 18, 2012, 01:33:44 AM
What WOULD provide for pretty awesome changes would be for a wedding between Liara Anaris and Guillaume Chénier. Call me babe! Folcard's got the offer, though I'm not sure he's intending to share it.

He shared it.  Guillaume would have to convert, of course.  No way the Prophetess of Quintarianism could wed a heretic.

I think the more likely scenario is that the Hand of the Five will call upon the dedicats of the Son to cleave the impertinent heads of the Enweilians.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Draco Tanos

Hmm...  A religious war to the South...  My characters on BT would hope they would wipe each other out as far as their faiths were concerned. >.>

Chenier

Quote from: Draco Tanos on December 18, 2012, 02:59:00 AM
Could go off and try to marry Lea, the Pontifex of Sint.  That'd be amusing.

Indeed it would. But Guillaume has a thing for Liara. ;)

Quote from: Bedwyr on December 18, 2012, 03:26:45 AM
He shared it.  Guillaume would have to convert, of course.  No way the Prophetess of Quintarianism could wed a heretic.

Could be workable.

Why eliminate a foe you can convert? :P
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Indirik

Meh, doesn't matter. Hemaglobe will crush them all in the end. (If I can ever convince them to stop being all "let's be friends" and all that crap...)
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Bedwyr

Quote from: Chénier on December 18, 2012, 04:00:25 AM
Indeed it would. But Guillaume has a thing for Liara. ;)

Could be workable.

Why eliminate a foe you can convert? :P

The First Divine of the Bastard is in favour of conversions by the bed.  More converts in the end, and almost as good exercise as conversions by the sword!
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Chenier

Quote from: Indirik on December 18, 2012, 04:01:01 AM
Meh, doesn't matter. Hemaglobe will crush them all in the end. (If I can ever convince them to stop being all "let's be friends" and all that crap...)

Bring 100 000 CS and you can convince them of anything.

But while a marriage with Sint's ruler would prove an intersting twist (however unlikely it is to happen), it wouldn't change the dynamics of the south. I really dread the idea of yet another Rio-Enweil war. Isn't there ANYONE else Rio might like to bash on for once? Just for once?

Quote from: Bedwyr on December 18, 2012, 04:03:13 AM
The First Divine of the Bastard is in favour of conversions by the bed.  More converts in the end, and almost as good exercise as conversions by the sword!

Unless Liara would want to actually live with Guillaume (doubtful), any offspring from such a union would likely be raised however she pleases.

But hey, Enweil lacks a religion right now. If Quintarianism wants to spread, the bed would be a much more efficient way of doing so.

Zakilevo

LOL I doubt Riombarans are stupid. They wouldn't want to give enough time for Enweil to rebuild.

Better to get rid of your enemy now before they recover. Well even if Enweil recover, they can't really match the might of Riombara anymore.

Chenier

Quote from: Zaki on December 18, 2012, 04:14:37 AM
LOL I doubt Riombarans are stupid. They wouldn't want to give enough time for Enweil to rebuild.

Better to get rid of your enemy now before they recover. Well even if Enweil recover, they can't really match the might of Riombara anymore.

Indeed. I was rather surprised at Folcard's aggressiveness. If Rio wants hostilities, why didn't it put us out of our misery right when the invasion ended? Would have been a piece of cake.

As for "get rid of your enemy before they recover"... Rio started all of the last wars against Enweil. Enweil isn't a threat, it never really wanted war with Rio. War with Rio is repetitive. It's been done to death. Enweil got permanently crippled while Riombara got a huge bounty and is stronger than ever before. Enweil's reliable allies, like Avalon, are long gone. We are warm with Fronen, but who knows if its mutual. And even if it was, it's not like Rio has to worry about a gang bang, there would be a ton of people eager to jump in to Rio's aid should Fronen attack them (which is extremely improbable). And I'm sure Nothoi wouldn't mind taking a chunk of Enweil should another war happen there.

So yea, Rio *could* start a war against Enweil, and then move on to other things. Or, it could make a union with Enweil, and immediately move on to other things, with Enweil as a buffer state and its forces to help out. Expanding would increase distance from the realm issues, while shrinking Enweil would lower the continental realm average, increasing the large realm penalties for Rio. On top of that, spreading out nobles would reduce estate efficiency, and therefore income per region.

And besides, with a royal wedding that would include adoption of your religion, you'd have Enweil by the balls. Not much to worry about there.

Zakilevo

Fronen + Enweil can't beat Riombara. Riombara should just make some colonies by smashing Enweil and Fronen. MAKE AN EMPIRE :D

Bedwyr

Quote from: Zaki on December 18, 2012, 05:46:22 AM
Fronen + Enweil can't beat Riombara. Riombara should just make some colonies by smashing Enweil and Fronen. MAKE AN EMPIRE :D

The main issue with that is lack of nobles.  That's the only reason Riombara hasn't already smashed and colonized, and it will continue to be a major issue.

Gustav Kuriga

Plus we've all seen how empires can ruin it for everyone... *looks at Atamara*

Lefanis

What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell