Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 36744 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Topic Start: August 09, 2011, 05:11:15 PM »
Some thoughts come to mind:

In what way are these sages Unique?
If sages are unique, does that mean they always request the same items for repairs? For crafting items/scrolls?
Furthermore, does it mean that a same sage will be available at the same hours in the timepool in different regions? If not, how will we ever know that the sage seen in Region A and Region B is the same? If not, is it even relevant that it is technically the same sage?

Someone claimed in the other topic that a Sage is to be found in almost any region, if you rest for one hour at a time. If so, why do we even need to know where the Sage is going to be?

And in general, why would we ever try to track Sages (and even worse: keep track of them) without an extensive database and tracking system?

To be honest, I guess it sounds cool how they are 'unique', but I don't really see the point. Unless some of my premises are incorrect, of course :)

Everything you think you know about how to find sages is now obsolete.  This represents a complete overhaul of how sages are handled.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan