Author Topic: Searching for Sages and Wizards  (Read 35823 times)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
Re: Searching for Sages and Wizards
« Reply #75: September 13, 2011, 09:20:05 AM »
Is this a message about a Sage too?

You hear rumours that Sniss passed through here recently.

Because there is no one called Sniss at Dwillight...

Yes. I'll make it more clear by adding the distinctive term as well in the future.

Dekion

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76: September 16, 2011, 03:19:30 AM »
My wife has asked me to post.  She has an advie on Beluaterra that has been searching for a sage for approximately one month and has traveled through all of Sint and parts of Old Grekh with no luck whatsoever.  Are there sages on Beluaterra?

egamma

« Reply #77: September 16, 2011, 06:07:59 AM »
My wife has asked me to post.  She has an advie on Beluaterra that has been searching for a sage for approximately one month and has traveled through all of Sint and parts of Old Grekh with no luck whatsoever.  Are there sages on Beluaterra?

The new system should be on Dwilight and Beluaterra, at the very least, since they are the testing continents. Has she asked other advies, and tried switching direction? Perhaps she's moving in one direction, and the sage is "following" her around the map!

Sypher

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #78: September 16, 2011, 07:12:32 AM »
My character on Beluaterra found a Sage in Vur Hagin several days ago.

Peri

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #79: September 16, 2011, 10:29:11 AM »
I found a sage in Melegra once, a couple weeks ago I would say, but it was the only time I could meet a sage from the beginning of the new sage system.

Dekion

• Peasant
    • View Profile
« Reply #80: September 16, 2011, 01:28:40 PM »
No she has gone in all sorts of random directions in at least 20 different regions across the northwest of the island and has never even seen a message like someone has recently been here.  None of that.  She found a sage right before the new system went live, one of the old ones, but nothing since.  I know she is frustrated to say the least and the item she had to repair has gone from 36% to 2% and is about to be lost.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #81: September 16, 2011, 01:59:23 PM »
Yeah, still haven't seen a sage since the one the first day the new system went in, some five weeks ago. No messages about sages nearby or whatever, either.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #82: September 16, 2011, 02:55:21 PM »
The key to the new system is that sages are more predictable now. That means cooperating with others and exchanging news about where one was seen is a lot more efficient than random searches. And it means once you know the location of one, he is not suddenly going to pop up halfways around the island the next day, he will be in that area, even if you arrive days later.

cenrae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #83: September 17, 2011, 02:23:20 AM »
I hope they will be easier to find but since the change I have yet to see a single sage or wizard or any message that one is near by on Dwilight. Does this 'nearby message' pop up automatically or do you have scout/investigate?

Also not having the hours refresh at the bottom of the screen when you are hunting really sucks, it used to do so. Now after a hunt I have to guess how many hours I have left vs fatigue or copy and paste the monster/undead group info in the quest page. Could this be fixed to the way it was before?
Kye Family: Khari (Farronite Republic), Kalidor (Tara), Astridicus (Astrum)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #84: September 17, 2011, 04:22:27 AM »
I hope they will be easier to find but since the change I have yet to see a single sage or wizard or any message that one is near by on Dwilight.

Check the thread, you should find some sages players found on Dwilight.

Does this 'nearby message' pop up automatically or do you have scout/investigate?

It pops out automatically in 'Quests'.

Also not having the hours refresh at the bottom of the screen when you are hunting really sucks, it used to do so. Now after a hunt I have to guess how many hours I have left vs fatigue or copy and paste the monster/undead group info in the quest page. Could this be fixed to the way it was before?

This will be fixed in time, it's part of the code migration. For now we'll have to live with it. What I do is open a new tab, and see the hour change in there (right-click on Information, for example, open in a new tab/window, close it after seeing the time change).
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #85: September 17, 2011, 08:31:29 AM »
Meh. I'm preferring the old system right now. Before, I could guarantee finding a sage within a few days, a week at the very most, without trying very hard. Now, I've found one in five weeks.

egamma

« Reply #86: September 17, 2011, 03:44:27 PM »
Meh. I'm preferring the old system right now. Before, I could guarantee finding a sage within a few days, a week at the very most, without trying very hard. Now, I've found one in five weeks.

but now you can follow him for 5 months and never have to find one again.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #87: September 17, 2011, 08:51:55 PM »
That seems...unrealistic.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #88: September 18, 2011, 10:41:26 AM »
That seems...unrealistic.

why? If you have nothing else to do, you can certainly follow him around. Now if other matters take your time, you will probably lose him somewhere.

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #89: September 18, 2011, 05:35:23 PM »
My advy has begun reporting Sage whereabouts. If he spots one in the region he's in, he will inform the other members of his adventurer's guild. If advies work together, it should not be too difficult tracking them I believe.