Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 257156 times)

ó Broin

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #660: June 08, 2011, 01:42:17 AM »
This statement could be used as carte blanche to completely blow up SMA; you can use it to justify almost anything you want. Inherently, the concept of SMA means the Battlemaster world is based on the real world. I understand that on BT you have invaders, but BT isn't SMA.

I don't get this view of SMA. The wiki seems pretty clear

"This is our term for roleplaying the game as it is meant to be. That does not mean pages upon pages of text, but rather playing your character as if he were a real human being in a real world. You can be as short or elaborate as you want to in doing that, but try to be realistic.
Here are a few short guidelines, and further down you will find some points in more detail. Remember that all these are guidelines. Every now and then, there is a good reason to ignore one or two of them."

To me this spells out that SMA is all about our characters and how they act. Its about RP. Its not intrinsically about the physical world or the setting, but how our characters react to each other and the underlying principles that we as players base their actions on.