Author Topic: How the number of knights affects gold earned in a region  (Read 10345 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Threads like these give a good example of why we're bleeding players, IMO. We're only propagating the notion that you should play BattleMaster with a calculator and a stack of spreadsheets.

Ugh. I know. That's part of what I'm trying to fight.

Unfortunately, I don't believe it's possible to avoid situations where someone with a calculator and a stack of spreadsheets can squeeze out an extra 5-15% efficiency from the game. Which means that people willing to put in that kind of effort will have a real edge.

All I can do is try to make the kinds of things they do to achieve those sorts of optimizations the same kinds of things that people would want to do otherwise. At least where it doesn't require twisting the code (and the conceptual framework) into lots of little pretzel-shapes to do it.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan