Author Topic: The Wedding  (Read 22378 times)

Chamberlain

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: The Wedding
« Reply #45: August 09, 2015, 04:41:33 AM »
Roleplay from Robert Stonefist

Just as he was about to step through the doorway, there's a loud crash. Baron Stonefirst turns to see Gary, who hammered a guard ready to deal an unkindly blow to the Baron.

"I thought you might need a hand," says Gary.

The Baron smiles. "I think we've provided a good distraction. Let's get out of here."

The three of them hurry down the corridor, looking for an exit. There's a large gathering of guards at the end of the hall. The trio skid to a halt, evaluating their options. Going back is bad, continuing on is terrible.

"Well, gentlemen," asks Stonefist, "How do you feel about taking the window?"

There's no other option. So they break the glass with the hilt of Gary's dagger, and look below. It's a steep, but not impossible jump, if they roll quickly.

Stonefist has the young lord go first. He executes a perfect landing. Meanwhile, Gary is staring down the approaching throng.

"After you, Baron," he says. Stonefist jumps. His clothing is caught on a bit of the broken window, but otherwise, he's unscathed. A loud thud next to him is Gary, who winces as he stands up.

"I'm okay," he says. "Just turned my ankle. Let's go."

Baron Stonefist stares at him. "What's that in your other hand?"

"The glass, that held the poison," says Gary. "I thought we might need it."

With a playful wave to the dumbfounded guards, the three take off to meet Brock, the Queen, and the others.