Author Topic: Dwilight Anthropology Project  (Read 42908 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight Anthropology Project
« Topic Start: July 18, 2011, 09:02:19 AM »
Well, any help is appreciated. That can come as suggestions, links to stuff I have missed or whatever you can think of.

I was talking with Lurian and Madinian players to learn about how they envisioned the lands they played in, and got some ideas for those place's ethnics and cultures.

The Lurias (Poryatown, Askileon, Giask) are of Mediterranean climate, and their population is accordingly of the Mediterranean "race". The cultures would draw parallels with the Hellenic and Latin, and perhaps even some older Mediterranean cultures, like the Phoenician and the Egyptian.
The present situation would be, with the (mostly noble) immigration from the East, around 80% of native Mediterranean Lurians, and 20% of immigrants, both from other parts of Dwilight as from the East.

Madina is a tropical climate, and draws more parallels with the American Caribbean. Like its RL counterpart, the local population was either decimated or absorbed into the mainstream population. That mainstream population is made of a mix of Eastern cultures, of ethnicity yet to be defined and a common creole language, and the only natives remaining are of American ethnic looks, with shamanic societies, but so rare and isolationist, living deep in the jungle,  that their presence is more on the legendary side.

It would be nice to hear from the rest of the realms' players how they envision their own settings, of if the ones I've written are not how they'd prefer.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).