Author Topic: Retention Revisited  (Read 138073 times)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
Re: Retention Revisited
« Reply #225: July 22, 2011, 05:40:31 AM »
Nowhere did I say that *I* did this. I just said I expect you are making more of a fuss about its consequences than it truly is.

Glad to know that. Hope I didn't imply you were actually doing it. I like to think I was keeping it hypothetical.

I've personally always been ambitious, and in my first years I *always* saw dukes and powerful people having bigger units than I had. Was I disappointing? Sad? Angry? No, I considered it *normal* that people higher up get more prestigious units. The e-peen is earned. And as such, every time I could increase my income to increase my unit size, I was delighted. Basically, because I was increasing the size of my e-peen.

Did you have 15 units and saw your superiors run around with 60 or 80 Cavarly or SFs units? There is one thing as bigger units, and there are other cases of excess.

So give someone enough gold to recruit 20 of the cheapest men, and you are giving him access to all the options he might need to use.

As long as they don't lose a single men in combat, and such. If they have infantry they tend to lose them after battles and have to replace them, you know how it works. In any case, though you were talking about 15 men units, it's not only about having all the options, but as being part of the happenings, not a mere spectator. If you don't feel you are a useful part of the team, the quality of your experience is at best different.
Of course Dukes and Kings will have more gold, more responsibilities and more say. The point is to balance how much of those, if any, the knights have.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).