Author Topic: Aetheris Pyrism  (Read 37689 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Aetheris Pyrism
« Topic Start: September 17, 2011, 11:00:21 PM »
The other option was to join the Manifest Path but man, that religion is just so boring. It's bordering on not even being a religion! I want exactly as you say: superstitions for the characters, instead of pure logic.

The fact that Koli chose to use the existing deity-level entities in his religion rather than making up others does not mean that the Manifest Path is not a religion, and I get really tired of that.

Daimon Lords are more powerful than many deities in older cultures.  If you don't like the Path, fine.  Stop trying to say it's not a religion.

And anyone who thinks that the Manifest Path is actually based on logic has bought Koli's propaganda.  I can name a half dozen logical fallacies on every page of the tMP wiki that completely invalidate every facet of the religion.  The best analogue would be some of the math/religion cults.  Look up Pythagoras, for instance.  Supposedly, everything was based on math.  In actuality?  Total bull!@#$.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"