Author Topic: Modifying TMP Training Reductions  (Read 86408 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Modifying TMP Training Reductions
« Reply #255: September 20, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »
Like what? What have you been expected to know other than Terran, D'Hara and Barca are allied and generally work for each other's interests?

Do you even pay attention to the diplomacy aspect of this game?

Barca supports Aurvandil.
Barca is part of the triumverate of D'Hara and Terran.
Barca wants to fight on the side of Aurvandil, but can't because D'Hara and Terran want the food from Madina.

You violated Barcan lands to attack their friends in Aurvandil, pissing off Barca which is now trying even harder to get Terran and D'Hara to support Aurvandil.
Then you pissed off D'Hara by doing the same thing to their lands, which they could put off about Barca, but not themselves (because they couldn't prove you went through their lands to start with).

Then you offer to join D'Hara, after pissing off their colony and stirring up diplomatic troubles between them and one of their major food suppliers?

. . . and you expect them to welcome you why?

I was addressing how he said he had no idea what the diplomacy of the area was. That just seems lazy to me. Sure, I know you won't know the ins and outs of every ruler's discussions with other rulers, etc. But it isn't hard to say, "So, what exactly are our relations with these three realms to the north of us who seem like they could have some kind of impact on this big civil war we're fighting" ya know, before you go traveling through their land on apparently some scheme to attack your enemy from behind. That just seems silly to me that anyone would think it would be okay to go try to attack someone via another realm's land and not think to maybe ask a quick question about "oh, would this be okay diplomatically?"

Except Madina has (had?) good relations with D'hara at least because of the food sales, and from the little bits I've picked up IC I would have assumed Barca's relations with Aurvandil were considerably worse.  Not to mention the little tid-bit that Jens made it through D'hara without being noticed, and has evaded his way through Candiels before to cause trouble.

No one was insulted for not knowing about the Véinsørmoot. Jens was insulted for thinking he could march through other realm's territory without permission, leading a unit of troops, in order to attack another realm and then trying to act clueless as to why those realms might be upset about it. It's just dumb.

No, actually, he was specifically insulted for not knowing about the internal dynamics of the 'Moot realms.  See the above quote.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"