Author Topic: New Estate System  (Read 119725 times)

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: New Estate System
« Reply #195: September 24, 2011, 03:25:09 PM »
Will the system be worse than the current one? I seriously doubt it. But after all this time, and after all that was said about the new system prior to these last few days, I expected it to be considerably better. Estates have been a burden to gameplay for years, I was hoping the new system would solve the problems of the former, mainly that it killed motivation for most wars of expansion. And notably, that it fix this problem for the vast majority of realms, and not just for certain realm that for specific reasons while most would not.

And, as I think I said before, one of the most important aspects of the new estate system is that it will provide us with much simpler and more powerful levers to lean on if things seem to be going poorly.

If it seems like people aren't getting enough gold from newly-taken regions due to large-realm tax penalties...increase the % of gold you get from wild lands!

If it seems like lords are hoarding estates all for themselves...increase inefficiency penalties!

If it seems like all the knights are clustering in cities...adjust the balance of estate requirements between cities and rurals!

We fully expect to be watching all these things over the months after the new system goes live, and making any tweaks that seem necessary.  But the new system should allow us to make those tweaks.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan