Author Topic: Netherworld Prison  (Read 16777 times)

Daycryn

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Netherworld Prison
« Topic Start: April 14, 2012, 01:58:52 AM »
I really like the idea of giving the option to escape to anyone in prison. Not just rogue or Netherworld prisons, but any prison. You don't have to be some sort of infiltrator ninja just to try to escape, after all.

I think bribery could still work in Netherworld prisons, if you assume that while Daimons might not care about money, the human guards they employ might. Unless the idea (and I admittedly am clueless on this issue) is that the Daimons themselves are always doing the guarding. Including the feeding and letter sending and stuff, which seems a bit off: "I'm a fiendish otherworldly demonic beast... here's your supper!" And I like the idea that not everyone who works for or supports the Netherworld is a Daimon. But again I have no idea what the intent or reality of the situation is, being a newcomer to the island myself.

Random death - kinda iffy. I like the idea myself but then thats just me and I think the entire game could use some more random death possibility situations. Including dying of disease, or not having enough food (as in prison, or if you're an adventurer; but then it wouldn't be random and you'd have to code some sort of food requirements. But then that seems like it'd be similar to how fatigue already works... I dunno.), getting thrown from a horse during tournaments, crossing by ferries or when emigrating between continents. Overall I don't see it going down too well with people who think their character doesn't deserve to die by RNG, but in my mind adding uncertainty might add drama and interest. Certainly being imprisoned by the Netherworld should be no joke though.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova