Author Topic: Punishing Players for Not Moving within Half A Turn  (Read 45087 times)

Fury

Then you would be doing it wrong.
And I would cheerfully disagree. You should of course open a separate thread on this if there is more to be said.

What person A should have done is, after person B said "I will not move", is fine/ban them.  If they'd done that then there would not be an issue, the problem is the fact that they then gave orders with threats of punishments based on a time constraint.
Except that the General cannot fine or even remove anyone from the army. All he can do is threaten and without a time constraint there would be no cut-off point to judge if orders were followed. Nor did the Marshal actually say he wouldn't obey. He only conveyed reluctance in carrying out the orders because the General gave orders late in the turn but giving orders late in no way prevents anyone from passing out the orders. The orders the Marshal would then give out would simply be late too. The Marshal would of course be expected to be there as they were having a conversation. It would be a natural order of thought. Having to include escape clauses/wording so as not to run foul of the IR would be cumbersome and possibly make the General look weak-willed. Context needs to be considered in this case.

And to reiterate:
I see the General's threat more for the Marshal's reluctance in carrying out the orders rather than not available or present to carry or give out the orders. Herein lies the difference in my mind.

As a side note to the Magistrates, there has been OOC discussions on the realm channel, so if suitable the decision should be at least a realm wide announcement.
Last I heard, public warnings were still broken but someone can always copy paste the verdict.