Author Topic: Faery Tale Online  (Read 212740 times)

Andira

• Knight
    • View Profile
Re: Faery Tale Online
« Reply #210: August 08, 2012, 03:55:12 PM »
I know from my time with Cantr that they have a separate staff department for advertisement, but maybe that department is understaffed if none of you have ever seen the game listed anywhere.

And FTO... well, maybe the game creator didn't bother to list the game anywhere, I don't know.

The time that it takes until an account in the queue gets marked as inactive is definitely 7 days, since I have found this in the game's "Help" section:

The birth queue works to the advantage of players who sign into the game frequently. Each time a player logs-in, a 7 day timer will be set for his account that marks his position as "active". In the "active" state, he will appear in the queue and be born like normal. If the player does not log into the game for a duration longer than 7 days, his birth queue position will be set as "passive".

The text is misleading, though, since a player who signs up and then doesn't log in again for like 3 weeks won't really have any kind of disadvantage. They will keep moving through the queue like everyone else, just "invisible". They just won't be born until they log in again, but they can move all the way through the whole queue while being "passive".

I've been wondering if it might be a good idea to simply put some accounts into the queue and not log into them again to have them go passive, leave them there for about 2 months so that they will have moved up the queue to position 0 and then give them to new people wanting to play to spare them the wait.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 02:17:11 AM by Andira »