Author Topic: Titan System Revalation  (Read 49407 times)

Geronus

• Honourable King
  • Dum dee dum dee dum
    • View Profile
Re: Titan System Revalation
« Reply #30: April 17, 2011, 10:31:15 PM »
OK Tom. You have convinced me to an extent that this is not a terrible idea, if only because then the reasoning behind every decision would be publicly known. I agree with you on the benefits of this, but I feel it could be achieved by simply announcing decisions on the forums after they're made and permitting comment after the fact.

There are a few particulars that I think should still be carefully considered. I can't say I like the idea of the accuser's identity being made public, or for that matter the defendant's. When possible, the description of events should be generalized. Of course in some cases it will be obvious, and if either party wants to go public in the ensuing discussion, I can't say I care, but then that's their choice. I also assume that cases will be screened beforehand by the Titans to prevent merit-less cases from making it onto the forums.

I still think this has the potential to blow up in everyone's face, but who knows. Maybe six months from now we'll all be wondering why we didn't do it this way sooner.

EDIT:

Posted this before I saw Tom's second post. I very much like those ideas.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2011, 10:38:33 PM by Geronus »