Author Topic: the cult of Bloodmoon  (Read 13599 times)

Glaumring the Fox

• Honourable King
  • Nothing
    • View Profile
Re: the cult of Bloodmoon
« Reply #15: April 20, 2011, 04:01:25 PM »
Maybe it's just me, but this is the kind of attitude that turns me away from the Cult of Bloodmoon. The hippie-stoner attitude just completely turns my stomach. I ran into the same thing when people briefly RPd about "Kif", or whatever it was, that was obviously supposed to be marijuana. Instead of trying to RP it in a mature way, they instantly dropped into the hippie-stoner stereotype.

As always, this is just my personal opinion of the subject.

Harsh cards dude, That was a joke... I don't smoke grass at all. I know you seem to really have had a bad experience with drugs or maybe your a cop or whatever, who cares. This isn't an excuse to roleplay stoners online. If you have studied history at all you will know that mind altering drugs, shamanism, cults and esoteric belief, entrail reading goes way way way back in the real world. I am sorry for wanting to add something new to Dwilight and piss off your established order of what is allowed and not allowed, perhaps next time I should make a quasi-catholic religion.

And another thing I had never heard of the word 'Bloodmoon' before until I heard about morrowind, and I made up my bloodmoon stuff before I heard about it, so it wasnt a reaction to Bloodstars etc.

The cult of Bloodmoon offers a different path from the current form of realism based science and history type guilds and offers and outlet for people to add myth and elements of superstition and culture that is outside of normal roleplayed rigid and stringent belief structures that a player will gravitate towards instead of creating a very different and more rich version of how players view Dwilight. I am sure we could explain the Bloodstars like we do in the real world and have a very hard science behind it like Asimov, but isn't it more interesting to say that the world rests on a massive turtle that is floating in an ether. Or perhaps the Bloodmoon fruit allows communication with monsters, or even plant based life on the continents, new monster forms like giant walking venus fly traps that wander regions killing peasants. I know you might disagree with these things and probably have a very basic view of your character and his interactions with the world of Dwilight. I offer a cult of thought that perhaps one day will have generals and leaders of nations asking their high-priests to read entrail and divine objects in order to judge whether an action is approved of by the gods and elements. In order to create interesting culture on Dwilight you have to think outside of the box and be happy that people are trying hard to create different cultural elements that are beyond the norm.

If you think that 'Cult of Bloodmoon' is just an excuse to rp stoners, perhaps you should read Shardik by Richard Adams, or Robert E. Howard Conan or Sumerian history, or even the ancient greeks, or any ancient civilization. From what I reckon the medieval times were ignorant and superstitious times and they believed in many strange things.

If Dwilight was a wild untamed place before the arrival of the eastern empires, then what were the original Dwilli doing during that time? Were they living in safety or were they living like aboriginals in a basically apocalyptical situation in burned out monster ravaged cities? I believe they lived in true dark ages... Glaumring didn't come from another continent of refined laws and culture, he came from the harsh world of Dwilight, he grew up without civilization, he lived in a world of ignorance and terror, it wasn't until the colonists came that he saw the world could be different, yet that doesn't mean he threw out his old beliefs and culture. He now tries to live in this new order and teach the new ones about what existed before Dwilight was carved by kingdoms... At time before when superstition and esoteric belief ruled the world... And still does to this day in Dwilight... So open your mind to the vast realm of imagination.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 04:37:06 PM by Glaumring »
We live lives in beautiful lies...