Author Topic: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!  (Read 267569 times)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
Re: Dwilight IC and OOC updates and news!
« Reply #60: March 07, 2011, 08:06:33 PM »
Who says we have to care how Thulsoma started out? That we have to recognize SA claims to it?

For the same reason that we have to recognize VE's claims to Asylon? Founder's claim is what Caerwyn used to force Asylon to kick out Sanguis Astroism. So, no, you don't *have* to accept SA's founders claim to Thulsoma. But to ingore that claim while enforcing it on Asylon is outright hypocritical.

Second of all, it's not because you didn't plan something that other SA members didn't.

You're correct. But since, at the time, my character was the leader of SA, appointed by the Holy Prophet himself to rule in his stead, I would think that I would have the right to speak officially on SA's behalf. And you didn't say that it was some particular member's plan to do something. You made the claim that it was SA's plan. And that was not the case.

Lastly, that's information that's running around.

And it's wrong. Which is why I'm taking the opportunity here in the forums, in an OOC discussion, to clear them up.

You aren't the head of SA, Indirik

At the time that most of this went down, I was. I think that' gives my word a bit of official-ness to it, regarding these particular incidents.

, much less do you represent every single soul in that religion. SA is filled with a lot of people with different aspirations, that your reasons to do X were Y doesn't mean others didn't do it for Z.

Of course not. But I can authoritatively say what was and was not SA's goals, aims, and policies. So when you make claims about SA's official policies, I can categorically deny them. When you claim that SA did something to lay the ground work for an invasion, that's simply wrong. Did some particular person in SA want to invade Thulsoma? Of course. But that does not make it SA's goal in sending Elsbeth to Storm's Keep. I can guarantee you that this was not the case.

So, no, I can't speak all-inclusively for every noble who was a member of SA. I can, for that period of time, speak authoritatively on the overall religion's goals and policies. Which is how I know your claims regarding SA's policies are false.

But neither can you speak conclusively for all of SA when all you have is one or two messages from people who were not in charge at that time, and not empowered to make official declarations are decisions. That would be like me taking a single message from some run of the mill knight in Caerwyn and loudly proclaiming it to be official Caerwyn policy.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.