Main Menu

If I change one thing to make Battlemaster better, I would...

Started by egamma, August 06, 2013, 07:40:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trying

SaDiablo

I'm cheating and putting forth another idea.    Retirement for characters as an option rather than death.  To some that may help resolve there fear of character death.

Vita`

I'm rather sure you get a choice between retirement and death when you delete a noble.

pcw27

Vita`

I would basically second Indirik's two suggestions. Increasing chance of wound resulting in death as a character ages and one noble per continent for every continent. I'd also say let everyone play on as many continents as they wish while we're in the same vicinity...

Alpha

I like Indirik's suggestion, though I wouldn't make younger characters immortal. Instead, give all characters a very low chance of mortality, from wounds increasing in severity, that increases every in game year, and increases more rapidly with age.

Arrakis

...introduce a deeper and more sophisticated battle system that relies less on who brings the bigger blob and relies more on tactical insights to win a battle. I am aware this is a coding nightmare, however, since the name is Battlemaster it sorts of makes sense to invest greatest efforts in that field.
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

pcw27

Customizable estates that have an impact on the region.

Kai

Sink anything to do with nobility and SMA. Back to TLs and communism and war islands.

GoldPanda

------
qui audet vincit

Daycryn

I'd get more people to play it, and also a small army of developers willing to implement those features that are long in coming or so much work that they're not going to happen.

I realize that's two things.
Lokenth, Warrior of Arcaea, former Adventurer
Adamir, Lord of Luria Nova

Sarwell

More sophisticated infrastructure, and the elimination of the townsland/rural classifications (cities would remain separate), instead having something about infrastructural development that would allow rural areas to gradually be upgraded to townsland-level building capacities and townslands to be similarly downgraded.
Sarwell Family - Alna (Phantaria), Rosnan (Ohnar West), Julian (Strombran)
Quote from: dustole on July 09, 2013, 02:20:33 PM
New female characters start with an extra 10% skill in cooking and in cleaning.