Author Topic: Allies during rebellion  (Read 3142 times)

Jens Namtrah

Allies during rebellion
« Topic Start: September 02, 2011, 06:28:28 AM »
I think so, but when a rebellion breaks out, are both sides still considered the same realm for battle diplomacy?

i.e., it is not possible for the rebels to make an ally of foreign nobles to fight alongside them, correct?

Thought on making this an enhancement request?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Allies during rebellion
« Reply #1: September 02, 2011, 06:57:00 AM »
I'd love to see separate diplomacy for rebel and loyalist sides...Quite realistic, and would make rebellions more interesting.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Zakilevo

« Reply #2: September 02, 2011, 07:18:22 AM »
Indeed. Some of rebellions had outside help after promising some lands to them. It might increase the chance of success and people might actually start more rebellions.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: September 02, 2011, 07:22:03 AM »
you might remember CE in AT a few years back. There was a rebellion in darka and militia in ce ended up fighting some of the darkans i think. (maybe even some of the ce members)

bug obviously, but quite funny.
firefox

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: September 02, 2011, 12:59:56 PM »
i.e., it is not possible for the rebels to make an ally of foreign nobles to fight alongside them, correct?

That is not possible when the loyalist and rebels are in the same region. With good coordination, you can use help.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: September 02, 2011, 01:19:58 PM »
I think so, but when a rebellion breaks out, are both sides still considered the same realm for battle diplomacy?

Yes.

Thought on making this an enhancement request?

Not very likely to go through at this point, I'm afraid.  Diplomacy is, and for the foreseeable future will remain, done at the realm level.  Attempting to change that would drastically increase the complexity of the game and require changes in the code all over the place.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #6: September 02, 2011, 01:49:51 PM »
Yes.

Not very likely to go through at this point, I'm afraid.  Diplomacy is, and for the foreseeable future will remain, done at the realm level.  Attempting to change that would drastically increase the complexity of the game and require changes in the code all over the place.

yeah, thought as much. there's prolly enough ways to manage it as is.

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: September 03, 2011, 02:30:35 AM »
you might remember CE in AT a few years back. There was a rebellion in darka and militia in ce ended up fighting some of the darkans i think. (maybe even some of the ce members)
It was a pretty lame rebellion. It was all new players. Only three, I think, joined the rebellion, and only one of them was even in the capital. One of them wasn't even in the realm. When that one guy who was not in the realm went through a CE city, Eaglin I think. The CE militia in the city promptly picked sides in the rebellion, and the rebel militia fought it out with the loyalist militia. (IIRC the loyalist militia won...) Anyway, yes it was a bug. I believe it was fixed right away.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Zakilevo

« Reply #8: September 03, 2011, 04:18:50 AM »
Well when I first started BM years ago, I joined a rebellion in Sirion. Back then I didn't even know what word rebellion even meant rofl.