Author Topic: Region links in the Character List  (Read 2305 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
Region links in the Character List
« Topic Start: October 16, 2012, 03:20:25 PM »
Title: Region links in Character List

Summary: The Character List lists the region that each noble is currently in. I propose to add a link to that region's information page. So if the Character List said a noble was in Orbeh, you could click the Orbeh link to take you to the region's information page.

Benefits: Convenience, mainly. If I wanted to find out which army a noble is in, for example, I could click the Character List, find her name and click the region she's in, taking me to the info page which will show her army's icon next to her unit (assuming she has a unit).

Possible Exploits: None.

egamma

Re: Region links in the Character List
« Reply #1: October 16, 2012, 03:55:37 PM »
I like it. it should be pretty easy to implement, and saves the player at least 3 clicks.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #2: October 16, 2012, 05:36:03 PM »
Yes, but please make it a generic request. All such entries should be links, not just in that table and not just for regions.

In fact, coding-wise I think we should have a displayNamelink() method on most entities. And then call that instead of getName().

Kellaine

• Noble Lord
  • Honor in Service
    • View Profile
    • Thatcher  Family
« Reply #3: October 16, 2012, 05:39:18 PM »
Yes, but please make it a generic request. All such entries should be links, not just in that table and not just for regions.

In fact, coding-wise I think we should have a displayNamelink() method on most entities. And then call that instead of getName().
I llike it as well, would make things much simpler in some situations.
Dexter - Principality of Zonasa, Telgar - Principality of Zonasa, Wil - Morek Empire, Crom- Adventurer - Kabrinskia-paused

Foundation

• Honourable King
  • Okay... you got me
    • View Profile
    • White Halmos
« Reply #4: October 16, 2012, 05:40:29 PM »

Agreed, although can we consider making them links but without the forced blue-underline?  If everything's gonna be links, I'd rather not see blue underlines all the time. :)
The above is accurate 25% of the time, truthful 50% of the time, and facetious 100% of the time.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: October 16, 2012, 08:01:59 PM »

How far do you want to go with it? Should names on scout reports link to their Family page, for example?