Author Topic: Status in lower bar  (Read 3822 times)

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
Status in lower bar
« Topic Start: August 09, 2011, 06:26:39 PM »
When you're playing a character, in the status bar below, where your character, your unit, and your region is told, didn't it usually say if you were Travelling as well? Or am I just getting crazy now?

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Status in lower bar
« Reply #1: August 09, 2011, 06:27:16 PM »
Known bug, being worked on.  One of the things that broke in the recent code change.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 09, 2011, 06:49:25 PM »
Thanks for the headsup. Not turning crazy after all :)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 10, 2011, 09:03:53 AM »
By the way, is it intentional that the bar only refreshes upon entering a new page? It's kind of annoying for advies :)

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 10, 2011, 05:36:41 PM »
I thought the bar used to refresh on the click you made, so it would be updated with the correct hours and such immediately. The change (or bug) has been a bit annoying, mainly resulting in me opening more tabs just so I know exactly how many hours I have left.
The Finsternis family welcomes you.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 10, 2011, 05:46:47 PM »
I thought the bar used to refresh on the click you made, so it would be updated with the correct hours and such immediately. The change (or bug) has been a bit annoying, mainly resulting in me opening more tabs just so I know exactly how many hours I have left.

Yes it used to..

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #6: August 10, 2011, 11:51:33 PM »
it still should update whenever your status changes.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 11, 2011, 04:10:31 AM »
it still should update whenever your status changes.

It doesn't. Hasn't been for the last few weeks/month(s). It only updates after you do a second action. For example, if I loot for 3 hours and then set travel, I will only see these three hours being deducted once I visit the travel page.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 11, 2011, 08:37:33 AM »
It doesn't. Hasn't been for the last few weeks/month(s). It only updates after you do a second action. For example, if I loot for 3 hours and then set travel, I will only see these three hours being deducted once I visit the travel page.

Yeah. If I am hunting I won't even see how many hours I have left, because it's one step behind.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 11, 2011, 01:24:46 PM »
This is part of the switchover from the old-fashioned ugly code to the new Doctrine-based OO code.

As we switch individual scripts over to the new code, the status bar will work normally for those scripts.

Once we have everything switched over, the status bar will work normally everywhere again.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

bluexmas

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 11, 2011, 05:25:55 PM »
Hallelujah!
The Finsternis family welcomes you.