Author Topic: New Island Ideas  (Read 24821 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: New Island Ideas
« Reply #60: August 14, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
Correct, the size (and number) of the hordes is higher.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61: August 15, 2011, 01:24:25 AM »
Dwilight has higher incidences of rogue spawns which make just maintaining difficult unless you have civilized lands on all your borders.  Just the way it is.

Do you by civilized lands mean regions controlled by actual realms? If so, Summerdale is very close to it. Only rogue region next to Summerdale territory is Norrdir, which lies packed between a lot of Summerdale regions.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #62: August 15, 2011, 01:27:46 AM »
Yes, but it's not that far from the rogue lands north of Astrum.  Now, if hordes are coming from the east or south, then I have no idea what's going on  :)
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

vanKaya

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #63: August 15, 2011, 01:41:13 AM »
lol

Vellos didn't mention how L.E or Summerdale could be fun.

Seriously though, what do those guys do up there??

There's no rogues, no free territory to colonize, and any potential conflict with their neighbors  is severely affected by their proximity to the military heart of SA, Astrum and Morek.
Fyodor, Terran.   Vitaly, Enweil.

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64: August 15, 2011, 02:05:50 AM »
lol

Vellos didn't mention how L.E or Summerdale could be fun.

Seriously though, what do those guys do up there??

There's no rogues, no free territory to colonize, and any potential conflict with their neighbors  is severely affected by their proximity to the military heart of SA, Astrum and Morek.

We used to send small small armies to attack Caerwyn but other than that, mostly region maintainence and monster fighting. Hey, we could conolize the parts west of Astrum. Only have to travel through 1 Astrum region for that ;)

What L.E is doing is beyond me.
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #65: August 15, 2011, 07:16:42 AM »
We used to send small small armies to attack Caerwyn but other than that, mostly region maintainence and monster fighting. Hey, we could conolize the parts west of Astrum. Only have to travel through 1 Astrum region for that ;)

Plotting Summerdale's demise. Or Morek's demise. Or Sanguis Astroisms demise. When you have nothing to do, you scheme.

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #66: August 15, 2011, 08:52:32 AM »

They were in Golden Farrow; someone had set their unit to murderous; Corsanctum's Regent (I think it was) fought a 1v3 battle and slaughtered their units.

So basically, they're messing up. ;D
Ardet nec consumitur.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #67: August 15, 2011, 09:48:40 AM »
They were in Golden Farrow; someone had set their unit to murderous; Corsanctum's Regent (I think it was) fought a 1v3 battle and slaughtered their units.

So basically, they're messing up. ;D

Is murderous ever of any use? Let's say in a one vs one battle?

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #68: August 15, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
Is murderous ever of any use? Let's say in a one vs one battle?

Are you saying slaughtering Liberon units is not a useful way to spend your time?  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #69: August 15, 2011, 07:28:11 PM »
Murderous is very useful for getting around inconvenient treaties or stabbing people in the back with no warning.

Bael

• Mighty Duke
  • Have sword, will travel!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70: August 15, 2011, 09:58:09 PM »
Two words: Penny Arcade.

I think getting a lot of new players that stick around is really what the game needs. People get too comfortable, playing with more-or-less the same people year-in and year-out. Good for a good shake-up.

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #71: August 16, 2011, 02:55:05 AM »
Frankly, there is still many regions in Dwilight to be conquered, as previously stated, I mean Darfyx, the largest city, and the entire North-West corner is empty.  You've also got a nice chunk of land in the mid east vacated; be a good place to stir up conflicts  ;). It just might take you a while to get something started...

In regards to the topic at hand, a semi-large island, impossible to emigrate to, and "seemingly" barren besides the structures of cities and some kind of human population. Sort of a "Garden of Eve" ideology, with some sort of twist. Like a F.E concept, but extremely more subtle. In the medieval era, it was commonly thought that the Garden of Eve was a place of utopia. What would happen if nobles had actually existed in Utopia? Dystopia, and I want it  :'(.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #72: August 16, 2011, 07:50:50 AM »
Yea, the problem in Dwilight is that SA has claims in Darfix, Understrom and Flowrestown, the only decent cities in where to make a realm. They are not playing with the ball, or letting others play with it.  :-\
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #73: August 16, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »
Yea, the problem in Dwilight is that SA has claims in Darfix, Understrom and Flowrestown, the only decent cities in where to make a realm. They are not playing with the ball, or letting others play with it.  :-\

The barriers to conversion are extremely minimal. If you're interested, you have my number.  ;D
After all it's a roleplaying game.

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #74: August 16, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »
The barriers to conversion are extremely minimal. If you're interested, you have my number.  ;D

Sure, meet me in the wooden pole, with lots of wood and flammable substances under it. Please tie yourself up and get comfortable until I get there, gotta gather the mob to burn the heathen...  :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).