Author Topic: New Island Ideas  (Read 24815 times)

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
New Island Ideas
« Topic Start: August 10, 2011, 10:20:06 PM »
I was never here for any of the new islands, they were all created before I joined back in December of 2008. But I've always enjoyed fantasizing about an additional island. My two favorite ideas are 18+ island where we could swear and act like real medieval knights! I also relish the idea of a non-serious medieval atmosphere island.

So what are your ideas? They can be whatever you please, even a reincarnation of middle earth in which there are bands of nobles who create 'fellowships' and run around saving the world :P
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Jim

Re: New Island Ideas
« Reply #1: August 10, 2011, 10:57:43 PM »
If there is an island I'm allowed to swear on, I would join in a heartbeat.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 10, 2011, 11:16:25 PM »
A new island to colonize.
A commander and his small army arrives on a newly discovered continent. They also bring servants and slaves (adventurers). The map is invisible at the start, and only regions that have been taken over are visible. Since no humans have lived here before, the lands are inhabited by monsters (stationary groups).

Basically the Invasion, but the other way around :)

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 10, 2011, 11:49:23 PM »
A commander and his small army arrives on a newly discovered continent. They also bring servants and slaves (adventurers). The map is invisible at the start, and only regions that have been taken over are visible. Since no humans have lived here before, the lands are inhabited by monsters (stationary groups).

Word

That would be fun.

Unfortunently, we've got too few players on the islands we do have. Not to mention the fact that making another island is not something you do single handedly in an afternoon ;)
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #4: August 10, 2011, 11:50:39 PM »
Bring me at least 500 new players, and we can talk about new islands.

DoctorHarte

• Mighty Duke
  • Stoned on BattleMaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 10, 2011, 11:56:57 PM »

Fantasizing it is. Though you've got me thinking on a few recruiting schemes.
New Harte Family: Eros (Vix Tiramora, EC), Nyx (Fronen, BT), Chance (Avernus, DW), Scopuli (Gothica, Colonies)

Old Harte Family: Hyperion (Aurvandil, DW), William (IVF, BT), Katrina (Fronen, BT), Callandor II (Ohnar West, FE)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 10, 2011, 11:59:05 PM »

We don't need a new continent for that. Just a way to push back that blight and drive these abberations off of our lands!
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 11, 2011, 08:36:59 AM »
If there is an island I'm allowed to swear on, I would join in a heartbeat.

Wait, we're not allowed to swear? Well, !@#$.

Two words: Penny Arcade.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #8: August 11, 2011, 09:50:14 AM »
Two words: Penny Arcade.

Two words: Do it.

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 11, 2011, 09:50:49 AM »
Dwilight isn't new anymore? Doesn't look full to me?  ???
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Perth

• Honourable King
  • Current Character: Kemen
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 11, 2011, 10:43:17 AM »
An island that has a really well thought out geography.

Weather patterns and climate conditions, strongholds and cities built in places that make sense and are well thought out. For instance, strongholds at strategic points, cities in areas where cities might naturally occur.

I don't know, stuff like that would be cool.

"A tale is but half told when only one person tells it." - The Saga of Grettir the Strong
- Current: Kemen (D'hara) - Past: Kerwin (Eston), Kale (Phantaria, Terran, Melodia)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 11, 2011, 10:49:19 AM »
Dwilight isn't new anymore? Doesn't look full to me?  ???

Good point. We're just greedy bastards, always wanting more features, more players, new worlds.
We are spoiled :)
...I wouldn't exactly mind, though;)

What the hell is Penny Arcade?

LilWolf

• Noble Lord
  • The Vasata Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 11, 2011, 12:05:17 PM »
My two favorite ideas are 18+ island where we could swear and act like real medieval knights! I also relish the idea of a non-serious medieval atmosphere island.

I don't think there's any rule anywhere that says you can't curse or do things with your character that might be considered 18+. I've had my character raped and have others pretty nasty things happen and no one piped up with the "Think of the children!" chant. Only once have I seen someone take something OOC by saying "You shouldn't do that, there are children playing". Even then it was just that one player reacting to someone cursing a lot.

Aren't pretty much all the other islands except Dwilight non-serious medieval atmosphere? I mean, Atamara had vikings wearing pink tutus and what not. There are religions with human sacrifice and pretty much anything you can imagine you can try to set up without getting slapped down by someone saying "you can't do that! It breaks the atmosphere!"
Join us on IRC #battlemaster@QuakeNet
Read about the fantasy stories I'm writing.

Tom

• BM Dev Team
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
    • BattleMaster
« Reply #13: August 11, 2011, 12:50:31 PM »
Good point. We're just greedy bastards, always wanting more features, more players, new worlds.
We are spoiled :)
...I wouldn't exactly mind, though;)

You'll be getting new features shortly. We are working on a really massive overhaul of the entire codebase. Once that is done, new features will once again be easy to add and I'll get back to designing some.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 11, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
You'll be getting new features shortly. We are working on a really massive overhaul of the entire codebase. Once that is done, new features will once again be easy to add and I'll get back to designing some.

Rejoice and bring praise to Tom and the Dev Team!  ;D ;D