Author Topic: New message sending option  (Read 2032 times)

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
New message sending option
« Topic Start: August 11, 2011, 04:11:41 AM »
I'd like the option to be able to send messages to multiple groups at once: for instance, all nobles of my realm as well as all nobles (of any realm) currently in the same region as me.

I'm sure people can come up with plenty of uses for this, but the reason I thought of this is for RPs. Currently if you want to send an RP to people in your region (RPing a battle you just had, for instance, that you want to send to enemies and well as realm mates) as well as everyone in your realm, those who are both members of your realm and in your current region are going to receive the RP twice, which is annoying.

egamma

Re: New message sending option
« Reply #1: August 13, 2011, 05:47:11 AM »
I would also like this.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 13, 2011, 09:31:10 AM »
is it that bad to receive the same RP twice?

And you could just use the 'send to some' function twice

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #3: August 13, 2011, 02:25:38 PM »
is it that bad to receive the same RP twice?

And you could just use the 'send to some' function twice

1) There is no "send to some" for a region

2) if half your realm is in the region, you then have to click on the other half of your realm for their "send to some"

The message system has always been a bit of a pain. This is (in some of our opinions) a role play game first and foremost, with the stated opinion that you should not have to spend an excessive amount of time each day to play it.

These two things are a little bit counter to one another. The only way they will really mesh is to make a really nice, "info-complete" message system.

I think we all know the workarounds to our problems. It sounds like the devs are in the midst of some rather ambitious projects, so this won't be dealt with any time soon. But, it is not a bad idea to start collecting ways you would like a new messaging system to work for when they have time, because a new msg system has been needed for a long time, and the best systems are built from user feedback.