Author Topic: More letters available while wounded  (Read 11570 times)

egamma

Re: More letters available while wounded
« Reply #15: August 18, 2011, 03:20:52 AM »
What about being able to write roleplays? Cuz lets say a battle happens and you want to write a roleplay about your success, but then an early playing infiltrator wounds you before you finish writing it. So long as you only write about stuff before you got wounded, you should still be able to roleplay the battle as it happened before you got wounded. It kinda stinks that the player can't as it both prevents them from enjoying a different aspect of the game for awhile and if the roleplay was sent letter it would be weird and people would care less. It could be easily monitored for anyone that writes stuff about who the assassin was or anything after.

Because people will "roleplay" their marshal like this:
Brave Sir Robit shouts, as he falls from his horse, "retreat and refit and use line formation and set to defensive!"

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 18, 2011, 03:30:01 AM »
What about being able to write roleplays? Cuz lets say a battle happens and you want to write a roleplay about your success, but then an early playing infiltrator wounds you before you finish writing it. So long as you only write about stuff before you got wounded, you should still be able to roleplay the battle as it happened before you got wounded. It kinda stinks that the player can't as it both prevents them from enjoying a different aspect of the game for awhile and if the roleplay was sent letter it would be weird and people would care less. It could be easily monitored for anyone that writes stuff about who the assassin was or anything after.
Brave Sir Robit shouts, as he falls from his horse, "retreat and refit and use line formation and set to defensive!"

Basically. If not even more obnoxious.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 18, 2011, 04:15:17 AM »
That made me lol  ;D
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 18, 2011, 05:03:42 AM »

Well yeah, but you could state things like that are cheating and only allow realm wide roleplays.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 18, 2011, 09:09:10 AM »
Well yeah, but you could state things like that are cheating and only allow realm wide roleplays.

The harm would've already been done. And that's not really a solution, is it?

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 18, 2011, 09:33:31 AM »
The harm would've already been done. And that's not really a solution, is it?

Not unless you relied on integrity of people to ignore what the person wrote, and hopefully proper and strict enforcement would prevent anyone from trying. Also, realmwide would because otherwise someone could roleplay to just a single person effectively making it impossible to catch.

I know I would be really pissed if I was planning on writing a roleplay and then get wounded, and now can't because some would abuse a nice system.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #21: August 18, 2011, 10:00:13 AM »
My guess is the same type of person who would head to IRC to get someone to look at a scout report would be asking for updates on IRC while wounded. I don't think that this change would have much impact on meta or power gaming and would make the game less boring for the rest of us who don't go on IRC or use other OOC methods to communicate. Don't let the small number of people who would participate in what is *clearly* against the rules to stop us from making the game more enjoyable for the rest of us.

I'm in a agreement with this.

These "desperate" BM Power Junkies just use their second character, or IRC, or whatever.

Don't punish the masses because of a small group of misfits.

However, we DO need being wounded to actually mean something. I'd like to see a solution that could cut down on the dead times for players, but still keep a bit of risk in the game.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: August 18, 2011, 02:05:55 PM »
Perhaps the Judge or Ruler could approve such roleplays before everyone gets to see them?
Because once a 'roleplay' with important info would get in the open, nobody will disregard it. What if someone sends a scout report, preventing your unit from getting slaughtered next turn? Almost nobody would still send their unit to it's grave, just because it's more correct to disregard the report...

egamma

« Reply #23: August 18, 2011, 02:19:43 PM »
Perhaps the Judge or Ruler could approve such roleplays before everyone gets to see them?
Because once a 'roleplay' with important info would get in the open, nobody will disregard it. What if someone sends a scout report, preventing your unit from getting slaughtered next turn? Almost nobody would still send their unit to it's grave, just because it's more correct to disregard the report...

Perhaps the enemy judge or ruler could approve the roleplays, you mean? Or the enemy that caused the wound?

I would like to be able to read all letters and status messages up to, and including, the battle itself.

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #24: August 18, 2011, 02:22:34 PM »

I don't think anyone is suggesting you can still play, just write RP. You wouldn't be able to scout, or move/rally your troops, etc

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: August 18, 2011, 02:56:43 PM »
I don't think anyone is suggesting you can still play, just write RP. You wouldn't be able to scout, or move/rally your troops, etc

..command your armies being a Marshal or General...

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: August 18, 2011, 05:46:08 PM »
Have it displayed two turn changes after writing it?
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: August 18, 2011, 06:20:47 PM »
Have it displayed two turn changes after writing it?

Thats an idea. You'd get all info straight away, but replying would only be possible after a lag of two turns :)

Jens Namtrah

« Reply #28: August 19, 2011, 12:00:46 AM »
Thats an idea. You'd get all info straight away, but replying would only be possible after a lag of two turns :)

These "desperate" BM Power Junkies just use their second character, or IRC, or whatever.

fodder

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: August 19, 2011, 12:07:50 AM »
What about being able to keep reading the few messages you are allowed to read. Right now you can only read a message once, until you change what page you are on.

you sure? i think you are supposed to be able to re-read any and all messages you've already received (ie.. everything apart from the ones blocked out by wounds)
firefox