Author Topic: FEI POWER RANKINGS  (Read 52774 times)

Arundel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: FEI POWER RANKINGS
« Reply #135: June 01, 2012, 09:35:51 AM »
And vastly improved recruitment centers.
The adherents of different religions in a realm should compete for power, influence, and fresh converts. They don't even have to be killing each other to do so. I wish people promoted the prosperity of their religions the same way they promoted the growth and prosperity of their realms. - Geronus

Arrakis

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #136: June 01, 2012, 11:30:24 AM »
We'll also be getting a stream of ex-Ibladeshian nobles as well.

Ah, it is sad to see the Ibbies giving up EC and moving elsewhere. Not sure how well they will fare in Sorraine though, as from what I've observed when Giskard was still among the living, Theuderik charged in heralding the existence of the entire Ibladesh pantheon and not just Sartan. Wonder how will that work with overly fanatic and zealous Sartan-exclusive mentality of the Sorraineans.  ;D
Gregorian (Eponllyn), Baudouin (Cathay), Thaddeus (Cathay), Leopold (Niselur)

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
« Reply #137: June 01, 2012, 02:56:37 PM »
Hopefully not very well. It would be sad if it just got established, and then a bunch of immigrants tried to turn it into NeoIbladesh.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Morningstar

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #138: June 01, 2012, 05:54:02 PM »
Hopefully not very well. It would be sad if it just got established, and then a bunch of immigrants tried to turn it into NeoIbladesh.

No, I'm actually quite curious to see how this turns out. The claim promise from the beginning from Caspius was that there would be some democratic themes going on within the theocracy and that if Sartan ever ceased to be a majority religion that they would no longer claim to be Sartanian, among other things. It was his biggest (and only real) selling point to "prove" that Sorraine wasn't just NeoNeoSartania. Nobody's convinced at all, which is why the south was (and still is) hesitant to deal much with them. Now's his chance to put his money where his mouth is and welcome other religions into the fold.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #139: June 01, 2012, 05:58:55 PM »
The Ibladeshi religion and the Sartanian are related. Then again, so was Sartanism and Adgarinism.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
  • Current family: Sussex. Old family: Octavius.
    • View Profile
« Reply #140: June 01, 2012, 07:08:16 PM »
The Ibladeshi religion and the Sartanian are related. Then again, so was Sartanism and Adgarinism.

How were Sartanism and Adgharism ever related? Sartanism is an offshoot of the Church of Ibladesh. Sartanism viewed Adgharinism as idol worship.

Selene's actually somewhat concerned about the Ibladeshians and hopes to convert most of them and then either send the diehards to establish a new Church of Ibladesh somewhere far away on the FEI or to keep them within the Church of Sartan but give them their own special exemption to follow different rites to everyone else (much like the RL pope did recently with a bunch of Anglicans who decided to defect).

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #141: June 01, 2012, 07:43:59 PM »
How were Sartanism and Adgharism ever related? Sartanism is an offshoot of the Church of Ibladesh. Sartanism viewed Adgharinism as idol worship.

The Agharinists worshipped Sartan as one of their gods. They called him a different name, but they recognised him as the same god the Sartanians worshipped. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #142: June 01, 2012, 07:48:38 PM »
The Agharinists worshipped Sartan as one of their gods. They called him a different name, but they recognised him as the same god the Sartanians worshipped. I'm surprised you didn't know that.

Nah, that was a recent development. I remember during the fall of Niel that their high priest did an RP which made it clear that Adgharists considered Sartan to be dead and gone forever - they only decided to sort of recognise him as part of their pantheon after Sartania fell. Before that they insisted that he wasn't a god at all.

So basically, Sartanians never believed Adghar existed and the Adgharists only considered Sartan to be part of their pantheon until recently.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #143: June 01, 2012, 07:51:52 PM »
Recently? Didn't Niel fall three or more years ago?

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #144: June 01, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »
Yep. It was quite a while back - but I was there and remember it well :)

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #145: June 02, 2012, 09:47:12 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Adgharhin_Way/Deities#Tark

Tark

Tark, the Warrior, born of Chaos and Death. He is also known as Sartan.

This has been on the wiki for as long as I remember.
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Antonine

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #146: June 02, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »
http://wiki.battlemaster.org/wiki/Adgharhin_Way/Deities#Tark

This has been on the wiki for as long as I remember.

Weird. It wasn't always like that. But the belief that Sartanism and Adgharism was linked was only ever held by the Adgharists :p

vonGenf

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #147: June 02, 2012, 10:07:20 AM »
But the belief that Sartanism and Adgharism was linked was only ever held by the Adgharists :p

As we repeatedly noticed... :-)

Is Adgharinism completely dead by now?
After all it's a roleplaying game.

Velax

• Honourable King
  • House de Vere
    • View Profile
« Reply #148: June 02, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »
Yeah, they lost their last temple a while back. Not through Arcaean action either, I'll point out. They had no priests for a while, and then their only remaining elder went AFK without pausing, so there wasn't much they could do after that. Apparently they want to recreate it, but I've seen little evidence of that so far.

Lorgan

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #149: June 02, 2012, 11:26:20 AM »
My character has been worshiping Tersea from inside the Church of Sartan for a few months now.