Author Topic: Rebellion  (Read 12007 times)

Anonymous

• Peasant
    • View Profile
Rebellion
« Topic Start: August 16, 2011, 07:50:49 PM »
I am looking to start a rebellion with one of my characters and I just wanted to know how some of you managed to do so successfully. How did you recruit nobles to your cause? what did you rally around? those kind of things.

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion
« Reply #1: August 16, 2011, 07:59:33 PM »
I am looking to start a rebellion with one of my characters and I just wanted to know how some of you managed to do so successfully. How did you recruit nobles to your cause? what did you rally around? those kind of things.

Look at real life, many of things people rebel for today and back then are simply the same.

The best rebels are those with excellent rhetoric and charisma, so if you have those you'll have no trouble recruiting nobles, as to how to actually approach that, well I would consider building up some sort of relationship between you and a few of them, get to know the lay of the land so to speak. You'll easily find those who might feel the same as you.

Hmmm basically, play Noble Politics and the Noble Social games and eventually you'll be in a position to start openly talking of Treason.
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #2: August 16, 2011, 09:59:04 PM »
Also,  gather a cause: An inefficient, tyrannic, heretical or otherwise evil government is more likely to find people willing to fight it than a normal one.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Ramiel

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #3: August 16, 2011, 10:06:31 PM »
Also,  gather a cause: An inefficient, tyrannic, heretical or otherwise evil government is more likely to find people willing to fight it than a normal one.

If in doubt make it up! But do make it believable ;)
To be True, you must first be Loyal.
Count Ramiel Avis, Marshal of the Crusaders of the Path from Pian en Luries

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4: August 17, 2011, 03:04:32 PM »
Tell the judge you are going to try and root out the rebel movement and then go and start recruiting, if anyone cries at you for being a rebel and tells the judge on you, the judge will just say "don't worry he's working for me"

So you will essentially just be immune from a ban....

I shouldn't have shared this secret with you  :P but seriously there are many devious games that people play to grab and maintain power and it all involves lying heavily and decieving people.
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
« Reply #5: August 17, 2011, 08:27:38 PM »
Just make the Ruler look bad, find some people to conspire with, get the upper hand in the military and wait for an opportunity :)
Also, make sure to get them by surprise. And find a strawman to be 'ringleader' in your stead, so when you get caught you can sell the others out :P (if you're really feeling bad)

The judge idea is pretty simple, but sounds effective. Upto now, that is :D

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6: August 17, 2011, 08:29:03 PM »
Just make the Ruler look bad, find some people to conspire with, get the upper hand in the military and wait for an opportunity :)
Also, make sure to get them by surprise. And find a strawman to be 'ringleader' in your stead, so when you get caught you can sell the others out :P (if you're really feeling bad)

The judge idea is pretty simple, but sounds effective. Upto now, that is :D

Unless he says "no", that is. The judge isn't forced to accept you in the underground.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #7: August 21, 2011, 07:41:44 PM »

Presumably he already has a cause - otherwise why would his character be wanting to start a rebellion ;)

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #8: August 21, 2011, 08:02:13 PM »
Presumably he already has a cause - otherwise why would his character be wanting to start a rebellion ;)

Family fame?  :P
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

Kain

• Noble Lord
  • Prepared for both the book and the sword.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9: August 21, 2011, 08:05:10 PM »

Just like in real life, there are people who are willing to do anything to be famous :p
House of Kain: Silas (Swordfell), Epona (Nivemus)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
« Reply #10: August 21, 2011, 10:10:36 PM »

I would have thought that would have been an OOC reason for inciting a rebellion, and therefore frowned upon, no?  Aiming for family fame always sounds a bit like powergaming.

Telrunya

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #11: August 21, 2011, 10:37:12 PM »
Confirmed not to give Fame
Leading Rebellions

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12: August 21, 2011, 11:04:56 PM »
True, it would be an OoC motive. I was, in any case, talking more about publicity of the rebellion. It could have a more personal cause (like wanting to take over the ruler position, or to put in power someone you trust more), so I was suggesting he would make publicity of a more public cause (freeing the realm from a tyrant, heretic or whatever).

Leading a rebellion doesn't give fame, indeed. My bad.

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
« Reply #13: August 21, 2011, 11:35:00 PM »
What about leading a rebellion because you, you know, want power?  That dovetails nicely with an OOC desire for more fame points, and there were plenty of completely "unjustified" rebellions done as powergrabs in history.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14: August 22, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Yes, like the one just done in LN >:(