Author Topic: Rebellion  (Read 12154 times)

Shenron

• Noble Lord
  • Come and play people ;)
    • View Profile
Re: Rebellion
« Reply #15: August 22, 2011, 03:30:52 PM »
Yes, like the one just done in LN >:(

You would say that.  8)
My language: (Apologies for any confusion this results in.)
Awesome = Ossim
Tom = Tarm

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #16: August 22, 2011, 05:08:01 PM »
You could define it as a powergrab to make things more fun for more people rather then one person?

Heq

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #17: August 23, 2011, 03:24:09 AM »
I've rebelled in various ways a fair number of times, but you should have a core strategy.

No matter what, personal letters are key.  Write tons and tons of letters.  Figure out what each noble wants and show how the current ruler is stopping them from getting it, do them a favour or two and then bring them onside.  It really is just all about making sure your noble has lots of friends.

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #18: August 23, 2011, 03:30:56 AM »
I've rebelled in various ways a fair number of times, but you should have a core strategy.

No matter what, personal letters are key.  Write tons and tons of letters.  Figure out what each noble wants and show how the current ruler is stopping them from getting it, do them a favour or two and then bring them onside.  It really is just all about making sure your noble has lots of friends.

Agreed on all points.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

Lefanis

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #19: August 25, 2011, 11:31:57 AM »
Find several small issues and blow them up, raising them to the realm wide level. Be certain not to be overly critical, for you dont want to get banned before you get a chance to gather supporters.

Council doesn't share information with realm? Hint at conspiracies. Complain that nobles are being taken for granted.

War not going well? Blame it on incompetent military led by fools who are leading the great realm into a gutter.

Complain about cliques, complain about families hogging positions at the expense of knights who have won glory to the realm... The list is endless. You will surely get some supporters. Befriend younger knights and the older ones without posts, and slowly explain the failures of the government. Once you have a bunch of cronies watching your back, you can aim for bigger fish, maybe a lord or two for added legitimacy to your noble cause. If you did it right, the rest should be history.  ;)
What is Freedom? - ye can tell; That which slavery is, too well; For its very name has grown; To an echo of your own

T'is to work and have such pay; As just keeps life from day to day; In your limbs, as in a cell; For the tyrants' use to dwell

Revan

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #20: August 31, 2011, 03:46:53 PM »
Not giving away all my trade secrets ;-) But, how glorious is the rebellion mechanic? Forget bringing back the War-Islands. I'd play an Island where there were constant rebellions. How good would it be to have a proper little civil war. Rebellions are such fun, yet they never last long enough for my tastes >.<

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #21: September 04, 2011, 12:24:31 AM »
Not giving away all my trade secrets ;-) But, how glorious is the rebellion mechanic? Forget bringing back the War-Islands. I'd play an Island where there were constant rebellions. How good would it be to have a proper little civil war. Rebellions are such fun, yet they never last long enough for my tastes >.<

Go to Pian en Luries.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #22: September 04, 2011, 12:28:54 AM »
Go to Pian en Luries.

God no, go play rebel somewhere else ;p

Adriddae

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #23: September 04, 2011, 12:50:02 AM »
God no, go play rebel somewhere else ;p

Like Luria Nova?

D`Este

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #24: September 04, 2011, 01:04:18 AM »
Like Luria Nova?

Like somewhere in the north of dwi..

JPierreD

• Mighty Duke
  • Hippiemancer Extraordinaire
    • View Profile
« Reply #25: September 04, 2011, 04:24:22 AM »
Pian en Luries fluctuates between states of "rebellion" and "plotting". Never a third option.
d'Arricarrère Family: Torpius (All around Dwilight), Felicie (Riombara), Frederic (Riombara) and Luc (Eponllyn).

BardicNerd

• Noble Lord
  • Evans Family
    • View Profile
« Reply #26: September 04, 2011, 11:48:05 PM »
Like somewhere in the north of dwi..
Please do, we could use the excitement.

Cline

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #27: September 05, 2011, 06:13:29 AM »
I'm new and not all to sure on things that can be done in the game. But I do not want to play little Mrs. Peacekeeper. I fully intend to be vocal about going to wars or fighting when I get some more experience. Lasair is about money and power for his realm. He wants to shed blood for his realm. You could say he is a pure blooded patriot, that wants to see his realm as powerful as possible.

But this will be after I learn how to play more, how mechanics work.

EDIT: This is in the rebellion thread, but I don't mean rebelling. Or maybe I do? Depends on what I learn about my realm.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 06:16:00 AM by Davardo »

Sacha

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #28: September 05, 2011, 06:46:48 AM »
You joined a Lurian realm. Give it some time, you'll be rebelling soon enough 8)

Cline

• Freeman
    • View Profile
« Reply #29: September 05, 2011, 07:38:27 AM »
You joined a Lurian realm. Give it some time, you'll be rebelling soon enough 8)

Peace loving hippies?