Author Topic: Turning off replies to your posts on specific topics?  (Read 3765 times)

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
Hi all,

At the top of the forum, there's a link for "Show new replies to your posts".

I quite like that, it's very useful for keeping tabs on the threads in which I've been participating so I can keep track of them when I don't have lots of time.

But... there are one or two threads that I posted on once or twice, but now have no further interest in.  But a couple of them are popular threads so are getting many messages.  Obviously I can't delete my original posts from the thread, but is there any way to get it to stop displaying in the "Show new replies to your posts"?  Otherwise the feature becomes distinctly less useful.

Or am I using it wrong - should I be using some other sort of notification method for keeping track of particular threads of interest?

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Same problem here. I have two pages of threads that are 'of interest'...

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
You just need to go to the thread and click on "Unnotify" at the top or bottom right.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Indirik

• Exalted Emperor
  • No pressure, no diamonds.
    • View Profile
I don't have an "Unnotify" link in any threads. They all say "Notify", and when I click it, it offers to notify me of replies.
If at first you don't succeed, don't take up skydiving.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Oh, I see; this is a separate feature.

I think that once you've posted in a thread, it will always keep track of that thread for you, because it does have "your posts" in it.

The "Notify" button is how I follow threads; it sends me emails of new messages.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan

Fleugs

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
I don't have an "Unnotify" link in any threads. They all say "Notify", and when I click it, it offers to notify me of replies.

Same.
Ardet nec consumitur.

psymann

• Knight
    • View Profile
Hmm, thanks for the info, Anaris, so I can use Notify if I want to keep check of certain topics.

And the New Replies To Your Posts must stay doing exactly that.

I guess that makes sense, but it's a shame because the New Replies To Your Posts tells me in a very nice useful way, and not being able to remove stuff from it stops it from being as useful.

As regards the Notify option - how does that notify me, though?  I don't want it notifying me with messages and/or e-mails every time someone replies.  I just want a nice link like the one at the top for New Replies :-/