Author Topic: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed  (Read 40135 times)

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Threats of reprimand due to playing speed
« Topic Start: August 17, 2011, 10:13:22 PM »
I think the key phrase in there is "actively hampers". Meaning if you do nothing (because of inactivity or otherwise), you aren't setting out to hamper efforts to take over the region, but you're not aiding them either. From what I gather, fines will be given to those people hanging peasants

"Actively hampers" is indeed a key feature here. The whole reason the Marshal sent this letter is because TL managed to get stats down (even more) because of unwarranted hanging. At least to me, it was clear that the Marshal sent this to make clear that such behavior wasn't going to be tolerated again from the nobles. Not from the players, but from the nobles. I'm pretty sure the "but it will take a lot of time for that to happen" part can be interpreted in it's most broad meaning.

Is it so wrong for a Marshal to ask this of his bannermen?  As long as the difference between OOC and IC is clear, I see no problem in roleplaying a strict marshal.

Then again, the IAR page clearly warns to steer clear, and for good reason.

So my conclusion would be that the player is found guilty, though without bad intent. Punishment: copy the IAR page 500 times by hand :P

I'm no Magistrate, though :)