Author Topic: Favorite kind of Roleplay?  (Read 2417 times)

MaleMaldives

• Noble Lord
    • View Profile
Favorite kind of Roleplay?
« Topic Start: August 17, 2011, 10:47:33 PM »
What is your favorite kind of role play to either read or write? The three kind of role plays I can define I think mostly fiction, one time fiction, and integrated fiction. Mostly fiction being the most roleplay like, were usually multiple people will make up a big story/dialogue with little game mechanics involved. One time fiction being something like a roleplay of the details that happened during a battle. Lastly, integrated fiction where it is like filling in the gaps of game mechanic stuff usually in a series.

My favorite is the third kind because I think it is interesting that the writer(s) can't have complete control of what happens or is going to happen.

Shizzle

• Mighty Duke
  • Skyndarbau, Yusklin, Yarvik, Werend and Kayne
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite kind of Roleplay?
« Reply #1: August 17, 2011, 10:53:45 PM »
I'm not sure if I've ever encountered the third form. As such, the second has to be my favorite to read, and the first to write. To see really long RP's by multiple characters while you're not involved yourself is just boring :)

Jim

Re: Favorite kind of Roleplay?
« Reply #2: August 18, 2011, 04:02:30 AM »
One of my favorite roleplays was about the death of my favorite character. I find it more fun to write about events you never saw coming.