Author Topic: Religions  (Read 42600 times)

Chenier

• Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
Re: Religions
« Reply #60: March 14, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »
Oh boy, without getting into mean talk, I'll simply say thus:

I am quite interested in improving BM, but I do so via methods that stand a chance of working. Crying out about it, insulting people, does not help the process.

No, you are discrediting ideas that aim at correcting what is generally agreed upon (that religions are not what they could and ought to be) by ignoring obvious trends and the limited successes of those who tried what you preach (many fun and interesting religions were created over time, yet you don't see them representing a meaningful share of the existing religions).

So if it turns out that a supremely boring and contentless religion can be sustained for many years, and there are no shenanigans about, then what exactly is the issue?

I was going to rephrase this, but it can't be any more painlessly obvious. You said it quite clearly: you don't care if boring entities take up all the space and prevent interesting ones from taking over.

You pretend to want to improve things, while discrediting every suggestion to actually make it so. You sound like the government talking about the environment.
Dit donc camarade soleil / Ne trouves-tu ça pas plutôt con / De donner une journée pareil / À un patron