Author Topic: Religions  (Read 42440 times)

Bedwyr

• Mighty Duke
  • House Bedwyr
    • View Profile
Re: Religions
« Reply #90: March 17, 2011, 05:06:49 AM »
It certainly would have been if they had ordered me, or tried to punish me for not changing. As it was I just had to endure endless OOC messages about not being a "team" player.

That's a very, very clear IR violation.  Extremely clear.  Putting pressure on, especially OOC, is a violation.
"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with 'til ya understand who's in ruttin' command here!"

Draco Tanos

• Mighty Duke
    • View Profile
    • Nova Roma
« Reply #91: March 17, 2011, 01:46:23 PM »
^ What he said.  While I can understand, IC, asking that you take a more active role in the war effort (not ordering), the OOC bit is what strikes me as a no-no personally. 

Battlemaster Missionaries!  ;D
Exactly. 

Just out of curiosity, do you lose your preaching skill when changing class away from Priest?

Honestly, it takes no time at all to be able to switch classes to priest compared to some other sub-classes like infiltrator. The only benefit I could see of having the priest class persist during emigration is if you lose preaching skill in the process.
It's also immersion breaking and annoying.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2011, 01:48:38 PM by Draco Tanos »

egamma

« Reply #92: March 24, 2011, 08:54:28 AM »
The main problem as I would see it, the database was not designed to link religions across islands. Without actually seeing the database this is all speculation, but it is likely to require a fair bit of change to the database before you can even start writing the code to handle it all.

What I understand is that each island is a separate database. Tom could delete Beluterra (for example) and it would have no affect on the other continents.

There's no burning need to do any linking, is there? Just create a religion with the same name, internal boards, rank structure, etc., and you're good to go.

De-Legro

• Honourable King
    • View Profile
« Reply #93: March 24, 2011, 11:46:16 AM »
What I understand is that each island is a separate database. Tom could delete Beluterra (for example) and it would have no affect on the other continents.

There's no burning need to do any linking, is there? Just create a religion with the same name, internal boards, rank structure, etc., and you're good to go.

That has been done. However the separate databases is what causes a priest to have to change class to emigrate, even if the religion has "spread" to the island they wish to travel to.
Previously of the De-Legro Family
Now of representation unknown.

Anaris

• Administrator
  • Exalted Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #94: March 24, 2011, 01:39:29 PM »
That has been done. However the separate databases is what causes a priest to have to change class to emigrate, even if the religion has "spread" to the island they wish to travel to.

That's correct, and it's not going to change.

There is no way to link religions across continents.
Timothy Collett

"The only thing you can't trade for your heart's desire...is your heart." "You are what you do.  Choose again, and change." "One of these days, someone's gonna plug you, and you're going to die saying, 'What did I say? What did I say?'"  ~ Miles Naismith Vorkosigan